Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default Anybody been able to make any progress with VM Rumor 2 (VM265) yet?

I tried the unlock procedure for the Rumor Touch (VM510) using pretty much every dll I could get my hands on and still no luck. Is it just a matter of having the right dll?

Default Re: Anybody been able to make any progress with VM Rumor 2 (VM265) yet?

you're better off getting a different phone. you can check out the rumor touch vm method but in my opinion its not worth it just to get talk and text

Newb

I've read the thread on the Rumor Touch, as well. Based on the procedure given, the assumption is that the phone has to at least show up as a modem before the LG Download even works. Since the Rumor 2 won't give that up without SPC, I'm thinking it's a dead end.

Does virgin have a phone that makes for a better donor for HA and AAA credentials?

Newb

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] has reported on this extremely-detailed error message:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If you login to virginmobileusa.com and then click the above link, you will see all sorts of information about your account. Included is the MSL. I don't have a Rumor2, but I assume it works for any Virgin Mobile USA device.

Dead end no more!

Newb

I have tried this several times on firefox, internet explorer, and google chrome and all I get is "The specified URL cannot be found". I have tried ##port# and cannot get past the security code. I have called vm and get nowhere, they either don't know it or won't give it out. I have tried synccell but without the usb being enabled on the phone, synccell can't see it. Is there a code or something to find out the security code? It's 6 digits long, it is not 000000, 111111, or my phone number.