Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Default Search

Text is still trying to get fixed obviously. But i find it hard to believe you couldnt find a untethered JB to work. Its been awhile but i think redsn0w & sn0wbreeze both have untethered working for your OS

Lieftime Premium Member cellfonepimp's Avatar

Default Re: Update on verizon iphone 4 flash to cricket....

Im in need of a little help, I have successfuly flashed 3 viphones over to Revol. Using the same methods Im trying to flash 2 more and they are still on VZW. I even tried the iFile methods for whatever reason they wont flash over to Revol. When I dial *#5005*4357# it still shows the VZW prl. Anyone else have this same problem? What is the fix?

One is a teathered 4.2.10 the other is unteth 4.2.6, both same problem.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Quote Originally Posted by cellfonepimp View Post
    Im in need of a little help, I have successfuly flashed 3 viphones over to Revol. Using the same methods Im trying to flash 2 more and they are still on VZW. I even tried the iFile methods for whatever reason they wont flash over to Revol. When I dial *#5005*4357# it still shows the VZW prl. Anyone else have this same problem? What is the fix?

One is a teathered 4.2.10 the other is unteth 4.2.6, both same problem.
    your problem is not unique,many have posted the same problem.i have not had that prob. so hav'nt had a "lab rat" to work on.but i would say there are a couple of obvious ways around this problem,first of all did u try ota,and be persistant,many of the iphones will need to roam to successful ota,so try and when it fails try again quickly and use *228xx not just *228 if that fails if you have the know how then simply make an ipsw with your prl = done,or patch the commcenter in your phone it will allow scriptable changes of your bundle,but really you should be able to get this done without patching the cc.
    or send to someone that can do it for you.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

I thanked the OP, but I still can't see the original post.

Newb

Re: Update on verizon iphone 4 flash to cricket....

Not to sound like a total idiot or anything (please dont flame me here), I am a hardware tech familuar with Qualcomm chipsets (CDMA and GSM alike) and all. The iPhone, as far as I can tell, is simply a variant of a SBC (single board computer) running a highly customized form of linux (BSD from what I can tell, yet again). They have all but blocked most ports of entry into the OS to be able to exploit. I have an VIPhone 32gb here (bad esn) that I am using as a guinea pig. I have been able to shell into the unit using a psuedo port however no dice on finding the vital files to be able to redirect or overwrite. Maybe a DNS edit (so when the unit times out every 24 hours, it finds a redirected server like Cydia) to refresh the "correct" parameters? Im just thinking outside the box here... Any ideas? I also have several CDMA ***** phones (droid 2, Samsung Transform, and a couple of others) that we can pull info and test things with (ironically the Droid has the same radio chipset!)... Maybe it could be a lead...

Newb

Re: Update on verizon iphone 4 flash to cricket....

Okay, my two cents worth, there are many people on here trying really hard for a common goal (whom I thank immensely, without a team effort this would be a lot harder, and due credit given!), and a few who cannot either follow the rules or take shots at others. I read all the threads to this date, and even threw in something maybe already know, maybe not. Again, thank you to those who are doing this, and those not even mentioned here that have contributed. I will also see what I can contribute myself.