Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: Update on verizon iphone 4 flash to cricket....

Hi,

just wondering is there any news regarding a solution to enable incoming texts for the iphone 4 flashed to cricket? After flashing my iphone 2 weeks ago, the frustration of not being able to receive texts dragged me into a Cricket shop today and after the guy told me it would NEVER be possible, he then informed me that by December the iphone will have a method in place to prevent the use of Cricket and similar networks on the iphone 4, is there any truth to this?

Thanks

Donator

Quote Originally Posted by patricktrolan View Post
    .....the frustration of not being able to receive texts dragged me into a Cricket shop today and after the guy told me it would NEVER be possible, he then informed me that by December the iphone will have a method in place to prevent the use of Cricket and similar networks on the iphone 4, is there any truth to this?

Thanks

And let me guess, he offered you an alternative phone for you to buy from him... Dude, you were SOLD!

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

its already in place dude,why do you think it has been 7 months and thousands of techs to get it flashed.its called commcenter and sig checks,and its been on every iphone since they have been out.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

It appears that someone has performed the appropriate "crack/patch" on CommCenter in order to bypass signature checks and get full iPhone 4 CDMA functionality on another CDMA network. Please use Google Chrome to visit the web page [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (or whatever browser will do auto translation from Chinese for you). In particular, see the post "4.2.8 CDMA IPHONE firmware (baseband into including, without baseband)". These appear to be custom ROMs in which the CC patch is already done. Of course, the various network parameters will have to be adjusted for Cricket or MetroPCS, but I think that will take with the CC patch. Unfortunately, the original page is in Chinese, so it is difficult to tease out exactly what has been done, even with Google translation. But as near as I can tell, he's got it figured out. Please forgive me if this is already well known, I'm new to the forum. But I don't think anyone has taken his patch, or else we wouldn't still be discussing this... Good luck.

Newb

They did it,and their iphone 4 can using evdo. But they keep secret because of bussiness.
    you can check this page 189iphone4.com
    Nationwide
    Business Name

Service area

Contact

Explain
    Apple Electronics

Southern District
    Taobao shop: Apple Electronics
    QQ: 782959000 1 Wholesale handmade iphone4, cdma 3g ipad2
    (2) agents self-five yards, to modify the central office ESN
    And Xing Digital

Northern District
    Taobao shop: Xing Digital
    Store: Yuan Wang Digital City, Shenzhen Huaqiang North 2991 Cabinet Contact: Mr. Zhang Tel: 13312972551
    Tel: 13760138757
    QQ: 78803703 1 Wholesale handmade iphone4, cdma 3g ipad2
    (2) agents self-five yards, to modify the central office ESN

Newb

here's my question.... a phone is a phone is a phone. the network is still CDMA, right? so just like the HTC devices where the setup pre proxy on cricket involved a bypass...if there is a system inplace to the allowance of a proxy on the iphone can it not be worked around? ive been watching the progress faithfully to see if there is anything i could learn and understand b4 actually buying one to flash to cricket. funds kinda low right now ( ma kids starting school). i currently have an iphone 3gs and IP4 on t-mo and other than the restriction to 2g/edge speed web the phone is awesome minus AT&T. ^_^ it would be awesome to see an iphone on t-mo/cricket etc with 3g service, the slap in the face to big red & big blue might get the effers to do better and drop prices. I'm sorry but if t-mo and cricket (metro not so much...sorry) can offer full service for thier prices e.g. t-mo unlimited everything 2gb web for 79.99 why the hell does the same plan on AT&T and Verizon have to be up to $50 more?