Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Newb

Exclamation Re: DROID X/2 Full Flash to Cricket

Thanks for sharing amazing tut! I'm facing with the problem of editing nv items! Coz whiterabbit just could only written basic NAI for UM. Other NAI for AN can't be changed because it has been locked by Verizon! So I need to change NV items exactly for enabling field that can change AN setting! I've heard that some people has successfully changed it by RadioComm or sth like that! Any helps would be appreciated!

Default Re: DROID X/2 Full Flash to Cricket

If you need th mms fix, pm me. I have a fix for perfect mms in and out on the droid x....

(For cricket)

Newb

Default Re: DROID X Full Flash to Cricket (Works on Droid 2 also)

Quote Originally Posted by dduran1591 View Post
    • Now lets start. First thing we have to do is root the droid x. Download z4root from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Make sure you have USB Debugging enabled. Now for z4root you can save it on an SD card and install it using Astro File. Or you can do what i do, save it in c:\android\tools.
    • Then open a command prompt type cd:\android\tools hit enter. The line should drop down and now type adb install z4root.1.3.0.apk. It should look like this below
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd c:\android\tools

C:\android\tools>adb install z4root.1.3.0.apk
    * daemon not running. starting it now *
    * daemon started successfully *
    410 KB/s (0 bytes in 978414.002s)
    pkg: /data/local/tmp/z4root.1.3.0.apk
    Success

C:\android\tools>

Now open the z4root app and hit permanent root, and it will root youre phone and reset. Congrats youre rooted!

Now you will need droidx.bootstrap.apk install it on the phone. Once installed select bootstrap recovery.

Now go into the market and download rom manager.Select ClockworkMod Recovery and it will download and install. This is in case you do want a custom rom or you want to install your own apps/files/zips.

Now plug the phone into the computer and for USB Connection select PC Mode. Now assuming you have HW Virtual Serial Port. Open it up and create a com port. If you dont have google is your friend. It should say connected.

Open up CMDA WS open the port you created, program MIN, MDN, and SID. Now write the prl you need the 49027 prl otherwise 3G wont really stick. If you dont have it here you go [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

You will need whiterabbits NV items go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] now write ur login string for exmaple [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] select what WS you have and save it. Back on WS write NV-items you created once its done close workshop but dont reset the phone because you will use QPST next.

Open QPST read phone, open MIP tab and select the only profile in the box change primary and secondery address to all 0's. NAI and NAI Tethered should read your #@mycricket.com. Select OK go to PPP Config tab select UM tab NAI Tethered and User ID should have #@mycricket.com Req PW has to be checked and for password write cricket and do the same with Tethered NAI. Once done write and the phone will reset.

Now go to the market and install autostart.apk. Restart the phone and select yes if a Superuser prompt comes up.

Install anycut on your phone. Open it and select new shortcut scroll down to APN's. It should show up on your home screen. Open and edit all the settings to cricket settings.

Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy wap.mycricket.com:8080
    Port 8080
    Username [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    MMS Proxy wap.mycricket.com
    MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310
    MNC 004
    Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
    APN type <Not set>

Download [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and save in you c: drive it has u2nl and autostart.sh extract it.

Once its one open command prompt and type: (Hit enter after each line)

cd c:\android\tools
    adb shell
    mkdir /data/opt/
    exit
    adb remount
    adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
    adb push c:\android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
    Now:
    adb shell
    chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl
    chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh
    adb reboot

If it doesnt reboot, manually reboot.

And thats its ur all done! If theres any confusion let me know, this is my first post
    are these steps still correct and in full working order? i wanted to buy an X today but noone seems to know for sure if i can flash to cricket with the X or if anything will work if i do get it. i was going to get it at 11 today but so far ive got no input from any reliable sources so if someone can help me asap i would greatly appriciate it.

Z

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by z_newb View Post
    are these steps still correct and in full working order? i wanted to buy an X today but noone seems to know for sure if i can flash to cricket with the X or if anything will work if i do get it. i was going to get it at 11 today but so far ive got no input from any reliable sources so if someone can help me asap i would greatly appriciate it.

Z
    Yeah they are in full working order, ive never had any problems with the mms as some others have. well not that i know of but im sure one of my customers would have came back with it.

Newb

ok so how do you connect to the market useing just wifi because ive tried with no data and it wont let me download the apps from the market.. any suggestions?

Newb

or can i do a rom backup with rom manager and just load that rom threw rom manger when i put the apk on the new droid x phone and load it? it should load all my setting's i have on the flashed droid x in front of me into the phone that im receiveing hence replaceing the factory rom in the new droid x correct??

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast