Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Default Re: Verizon iphone 4 flash to cricket?

Just tested verizon and can't receive messages from that network either. Does it seem wierd that I can receive messages from all cricket users but no other service? What would make this possible? Can changes be made using the iphone configuration utility to solve these problems? APN Settings? I've been working on this myself and it's a little frustrating. A buddy of mine works on phones at some shop and claims he can get everything to work and load some sort of data pack to be able use cricket service and surf the web and still only have the most basic service cricket offers. He suppose to do it to my verizon iPhone that I use on cricket now. Been trying to get a hold of him and now he won't answer phone. What a tease!

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by motley28 View Post
    Just tested verizon and can't receive messages from that network either. Does it seem wierd that I can receive messages from all cricket users but no other service? What would make this possible? Can changes be made using the iphone configuration utility to solve these problems? APN Settings? I've been working on this myself and it's a little frustrating. A buddy of mine works on phones at some shop and claims he can get everything to work and load some sort of data pack to be able use cricket service and surf the web and still only have the most basic service cricket offers. He suppose to do it to my verizon iPhone that I use on cricket now. Been trying to get a hold of him and now he won't answer phone. What a tease!
    you need to change the sid to 4729 in the VZW310.pri...hope this helps "GOOGLE" is your friend...

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

changing the sid will have no effect on the text message issue,in fact just to change the sid with plist editor so that it reads whatever your changing it to,wont actually change the sid,you see the phone will ignore those changes and continue to use the pre-installed sid.

as of right now there is no fix for the text message issue,you can only improve it (a little). using a custom ipsw made with snowbreeze for 4.2.6 there will be a slight improvement,i mean slight.after i loaded it i noticed i was able to get text from my wifes phone but still could not send to her,she is t-mobile.now this is gonna sound wierd but i also have tmobile and can not send or recieve to / from my phone to iphone 4,and that doesnt make much sense,because they are both t-mobile. i put up a custom jailbroken ipsw that i cooked in the iphone forum here at gurus if anyone is interested,but read all the warnings on that post before loading,as of now you will not be able to go back to a stock ipsw after loading it.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

BABY NEWB

Quote Originally Posted by OfTeNuNo View Post
    you need to change the sid to 4729 in the VZW310.pri...hope this helps "GOOGLE" is your friend...
    Dont Put Google is your Friend Thats Y there are forums Like cdma Gurus so that a community can help each other
    MOTOROLA i1 SOLUTION BOOSt TO NEXTEL

BABY NEWB

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    changing the sid will have no effect on the text message issue,in fact just to change the sid with plist editor so that it reads whatever your changing it to,wont actually change the sid,you see the phone will ignore those changes and continue to use the pre-installed sid.

as of right now there is no fix for the text message issue,you can only improve it (a little). using a custom ipsw made with snowbreeze for 4.2.6 there will be a slight improvement,i mean slight.after i loaded it i noticed i was able to get text from my wifes phone but still could not send to her,she is t-mobile.now this is gonna sound wierd but i also have tmobile and can not send or recieve to / from my phone to iphone 4,and that doesnt make much sense,because they are both t-mobile. i put up a custom jailbroken ipsw that i cooked in the iphone forum here at gurus if anyone is interested,but read all the warnings on that post before loading,as of now you will not be able to go back to a stock ipsw after loading it.
    i changed sid On the Phone and i managed to send and receive text messages from any carrier tested It my self i thinkit depends What market you are On and What PRl you use
    MOTOROLA i1 SOLUTION BOOSt TO NEXTEL

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

what market are you in?
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast