All right folks, this is my first CDMA phone, and while I've messed around a little bit with iDEN phones in the past, I've really got little experience with PC-phone interfacing (that is to say, I've used my i856 as a modem for my PC, but have never messed around with flashing or the like).

Anyway, I have a .wav file I've always used for my text messaging ringtone on my i856, and while I've managed to customize my incoming call ringtone on my Incognito, the messaging ringtone has apparently been restricted to pre-loaded or downloaded ringtones only, and will not accept files from the memory card as tones.

I have a data cable, so I was wondering if there were any way I could access the phone's memory, where the downloaded / preloaded files are stored (application demos, ringtones, etc.), and either add my ringtone or replace one of the preloaded tones with mine.

If it's significant, my carrier is Boost Mobile, so the downloaded ringtones and applications go under the heading of "My Stuff" (and are downloaded from "Get Stuff") in the main menu.

Any tips?