Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default spotty 3g and unable to ota on pixi with android plan

i saw the post on palm devices running on cricket with android plans, so i decided to give it a try with my verizon pixi.

i put my device into diagnostics mode and updated the following settings via qpst service programming

M.IP profile 0

* NAI: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    * Tethered NAI: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], but when i flash this and re-read the phone the value reverts to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    * I left the Home address as 0.0.0.0 and Primary and Secondary HA addresses as 255.255.255.255

Rev Tunnel Preferred is enabled.

PPP Config
    * Rm: left default settings, user id and password fields are disabled
    * Um: set user id to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] password to cricket, Req PW is checked
    * AN: same as Um
    * when i load the values back from the phone the password fields are blank though.

Roam prl

* i updated the prl file to NewDroidPrl.prl from this thread [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Went to a cricket store and had them activate my phone with an android account. I've tried every prl from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and none of them allow me to ota, and my 3g service is really spotty. I recently traveled to the denver area, and had the same experience, although i didn't try to ota. 3g works great sometimes, but what i notice is that it turns on, works for a few seconds then shuts down. is this just cricket 3g? or did i screw something up when flashing the phone? From the 3g maps for cricket san diego should be well covered, but i cant seem to get it to work well at all.
    Last edited by user317; 01-19-2011 at 06:31 PM.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: spotty 3g and unable to ota on pixi with android plan

we can help you to ota with any phone that wont take it. our number is at the top of every page kc phone and flash call us if you think you need our help.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here