Join Today

Site Sponsor

Threaded View

Newb

Default spotty 3g and unable to ota on pixi with android plan

i saw the post on palm devices running on cricket with android plans, so i decided to give it a try with my verizon pixi.

i put my device into diagnostics mode and updated the following settings via qpst service programming

M.IP profile 0

* NAI: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    * Tethered NAI: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], but when i flash this and re-read the phone the value reverts to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    * I left the Home address as 0.0.0.0 and Primary and Secondary HA addresses as 255.255.255.255

Rev Tunnel Preferred is enabled.

PPP Config
    * Rm: left default settings, user id and password fields are disabled
    * Um: set user id to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] password to cricket, Req PW is checked
    * AN: same as Um
    * when i load the values back from the phone the password fields are blank though.

Roam prl

* i updated the prl file to NewDroidPrl.prl from this thread [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Went to a cricket store and had them activate my phone with an android account. I've tried every prl from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and none of them allow me to ota, and my 3g service is really spotty. I recently traveled to the denver area, and had the same experience, although i didn't try to ota. 3g works great sometimes, but what i notice is that it turns on, works for a few seconds then shuts down. is this just cricket 3g? or did i screw something up when flashing the phone? From the 3g maps for cricket san diego should be well covered, but i cant seem to get it to work well at all.
    Last edited by user317; 01-19-2011 at 06:31 PM.