Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omg i need help

Newb

Default Omg i need help

geniuses of cdmagurus u call me a newb if u want. i just think im a tard. ive been looking for 3 hours what to do.
    i have gotten lgdownload v.1.3.6.3 and everytime i try to select dll. it says that there is no correct model string. ive tried making a new folder in the model folder. nothing i want to start breaking stuff already. please direct me in the right. please tell me what to do in very basic terms that wont make my brain susplode. or where tp gp any help will be greatly appreciated

Newb

Default Re: Omg i need help

hey bro. i know i used to have the same issues with my lg phone. i know the gurus here are going to ask you. what phone you got. and do you have the right drivers.

Old Timer

We would be more than glad to help you. But as Protow said, we are going to need some more information:

1) What kind of phone are you trying to flash or if not flash, what are you trying to do to it?
    2) Do you have the drivers for LG installed?
    3) Do you have the correct version of LG Download installed? Meaning that you may need the crack to drop in that folder as well to make the LG Download work properly.
    4) Are you using a data cable? Or is the cable simply a charging cable?

As soon as you get back to us, we will be able to help you out. Welcome to Gurus.

Newb

Lg vx9700 I'm trying to enable Internet and mms
    I've already unlocked the service menu so I could edit the ESP by hand. The tutorial said I need to upload the 9100.dll to it but I could never connect it
    I believe I have the right drivers I used bitpim
    I am using a cable and I'm on vista
    Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

Old Timer

There is your problem right there. You will need LGNPST Lab version and the 9700 DLL to fully flash this phone. I've never tried to do an LG Dare with the regular LG Download. Go to the LG section of this site and you will see both the LGNPST lab version and the VX9700 DLL.

Let me know if this works out for you. I've done a few of these on Cricket. But really the principle is the same.

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by smitty68521 View Post
    There is your problem right there. You will need LGNPST Lab version and the 9700 DLL to fully flash this phone. I've never tried to do an LG Dare with the regular LG Download. Go to the LG section of this site and you will see both the LGNPST lab version and the VX9700 DLL.

Let me know if this works out for you. I've done a few of these on Cricket. But really the principle is the same.
    I was following a tutorial. I'm just worried it will get bricked
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast