Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Newb

I found this on another website:

But then I found that for the Intercept you can easily read the AAA shared secret using logcat.

Here's how...

Prereqs: adb and usb debugging and MSL

1. Go back to ##PORT# and change the second option back to PDA so you can use usb debugging.
    2. Install Any Cut and create a shortcut for DATA (choose the 2nd DATA in the list - it should allow you to Edit)
    3. Connect your phone to usb ( #8778# USB must be in PDA mode & debugging on)) and from the terminal (or command line)
    type: adb logcat > logcat.txt
    4. Then using the shortcut you created on your phone with Any Cut - hit edit and edit your username but don't change anything.
    5. Then Ctrl-C on your logcat screen.
    6. Look through the logcat.txt file for "aaa_pw:" and "ha_pw:"
    They should be there.

It worked perfectly for me. I used a Sprint phone and put it on Platinumtel. Calls, SMS and 3G web work perfectly! Hope this helps..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Newb

Default Re: Virgin Mobile USA working data/mms/3g settings discovery thread

I currently have a Nexus S that's programmed for Pageplus. I only get 1X data speeds.
    What changes do I need to make to the Nexus S to get it working with PlatinumTel?
    I'd really like to use them!

Thanks,

Newb

what I was speaking about is swapping... sorry I used the word "clone" but as I stated before I'm new to cdma... I will refer you to this post that I will use in case someone decides to prosecute me for talking about possibly swapping esn's of two phones I own... I sm not attempting to defraud anyone; therefore, it is not illegal.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Also, I have court decision documentation which favors the consumer... but alas, ban away, as I will be going back to gsm where I can easily pull my sim and switch to the phone of my choice. No wonder Google dropped support for CDMA.. carriers think they rule the world and forums like this cow to them. Most certainly I'd be breaking TOS with some cdma carrier or another, but alas, that is s far cry from breaking the law. So jump on a new poster if you wish, but don't bring legality into it unless you want are well-versed and ready to prosecute... it makes the casual noob feel like reading libel law for tarnishing his reputation. So, thanks, sorry I used the wrong verb, and in conclusion, I respectfully disagree.

Rob

Sent from my marvelc using Tapatalk
    Last edited by insink71; 03-04-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by insink71 View Post
    Nice was thinking of cloning my HTC Wildfire S (on Virgin Mobile) and feeding it into my Evo 4g. I do have a purchased cdma workshop, but I being a bit new to the cdma side, I am proceeding slowly and with caution.

Rob

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk
    We do not discuss illegal actions such as CLONING on the public forums. This will be the only warning. Any further illegal discussions of cloning will result in bans being issued and threads removed.

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by insink71 View Post
    what I was speaking about is swapping... sorry I used the word "clone" but as I stated before I'm new to cdma... I will refer you to this post that I will use in case someone decides to prosecute me for talking about possibly swapping esn's of two phones I own... I sm not attempting to defraud anyone; therefore, it is not illegal.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Also, I have court decision documentation which favors the consumer... but alas, ban away, as I will be going back to gsm where I can easily pull my sim and switch to the phone of my choice. No wonder Google dropped support for CDMA.. carriers think they rule the world and forums like this cow to them. Most certainly I'd be breaking TOS with some cdma carrier or another, but alas, that is s far cry from breaking the law. So jump on a new poster if you wish, but don't bring legality into it unless you want are well-versed and ready to prosecute... it makes the casual noob feel like reading libel law for tarnishing his reputation. So, thanks, sorry I used the wrong verb, and in conclusion, I respectfully disagree.

Rob

Sent from my marvelc using Tapatalk

I am having HTC wirldfire S virgin mobile and I replaced the PRL file with a new PRL and I am able to see the correct prl version in settings but there is no network at all.

The same new prl is working with Verizon mobile.

In my settings ->about-> network->

no operator name is there, signal length is 0, mobile network type is unknown,service state : out of service, Roaming: not Roaming.

So please help me I did all the described steps to replace the PRL.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456