hey all.

I have a Sprint version of the Galaxy Tab that I am trying to get to work on the Bell Mobility network. I have unlocked the SPC, changed the PRL to a Bell PRL (31402) and changed NAM settings but I can't seem to get service. Was hoping I could get some assistance.

CDMA workship reads:

MIN and DIR number: phone number given to me by carrier
MCC/MNC: 302/64
SID/NID: 16420/65535
P ch: 283 777
s ch: 283 475
scm/sci/accolc/nam: 3b/1/5/1

The connection status on the Tab shows:

Device and Min number:the phone number bell gave me
network: Sprint
Signal Strength: -91db
Service state: in service
Roaming state: not roaming
Mobile Network: either connecting or disconnected

A few questions:

1) I got 302/640 for the Bell Mcc/MNC number but I cannot enter a 3 digit MNC number in the phone. I read that I can ignore the last digit for the MNC and just put 64. Is this right?

2) why does the it still say Sprint under Network? shouldn't the SID/NID and MCC/MNC cause it to switch to Bell? When I go into debug mode on the phone the SID number looks good and reads reads 16420 Rev:6 but the NID is wrong at 10005 SI:1 when it should read 65535. Any idea why QPST and CDMA workshop see home NID as 65535 but the phone shows 10005? could Sprint have put a lock on the NID to stop you from changing providers?

3) would it be better to change the ESN to clone my BB storm since I know I have service on it? I could pretty much just copy all of the settings from the storm into the TAB to see if it works.

thanks guys,
John