Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Default Unlock Iphone 3GS/3G running 4.1 with a baseband of 5.14.02 using Ipad Baseband

I took me awhile to figure this one out, as Im just starting to get into the Iphone scene as far as software stuff goes. Repairs are one thing, this is totally new to me.

So these links might help the next person out and save some searching.

First you have to update the baseband to the Ipad baseband (read all the warnings in the link before doing this)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

follow the directions and the download the files from that link depending on if your using a max or windows.

And once jailbroken use the ultrasn0w way to unlock and your good to go

Newb

Default Re: Unlock Iphone 3GS/3G running 4.1 with a baseband of 5.14.02 using Ipad Baseband

Its alot easier if you download r3dsn0w and you load the 4.2.1IPSW and you tell it to load the Ipad base band, multitaksing, cydia, and a if you want to really get into to it you can load custom boot logos and etc, but after that you add a source([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) to cydia and then donwload the sn0w here is the link on how to use the redsnow

Apprentice

Default Re: Unlock Iphone 3GS/3G running 4.1 with a baseband of 5.14.02 using Ipad Baseband

Just a heads up to those who use the ipad baseband, do read the warning... If you don't, you will drive yourself crazy trying to figure out how to reload an OS...

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

for the 3gs phone you have to load a custom bundle to the phone with (before or after) or it wont load and work

anyway here it is [hide-thanks]http://www.4shared.com/file/1Cn4l1Dk/carrier.html[/hide-thanks]

select the use custom bundle option in redsnow.

WARNING:ONLY USE THIS BUNDLE FOR 3GS !
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 04-15-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: typo
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    for the 3gs phone you have to load a custom bundle to the phone with (before or after) or it wont load and work

anyway here it is *** hidden content ***

select the use custom bundle option in redsnow.

WARNING:ONLY USE THIS BUNDLE FOR 3GS !

Hey Rich,

Thats only if your using redsnow for this correct? becuase the way I posted above, I did it on a 3gs and didnt need to do it with loading a custom bundle, but then again, i used I think it was ultra or whatever it say's in the link! lol.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Quote Originally Posted by markymark805 View Post
    Hey Rich,

Thats only if your using redsnow for this correct? becuase the way I posted above, I did it on a 3gs and didnt need to do it with loading a custom bundle, but then again, i used I think it was ultra or whatever it say's in the link! lol.
    unless you had older baseband you have to use redsnow to get the ipad baseband(6.15) and make it unlockable,so you use redsnow to jailbreak and install 6.15 bb and then ultrasnow to unlock it but 3gs needs the custom file to work(ipad base band is a downgrade,even though it goes up and the file makes it compatible) . your post says to use redsnow to. you can use snowbreeze but only if you dont have to worry about changing to 6.15 bb.
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 04-15-2011 at 10:02 PM. Reason: typo
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast