Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: Worlds first lte flash for free data on a mifi !!!! Proof of concept

Quote Originally Posted by eflyersteve View Post
    Probably the suckers that didn't know they were VPN flashed? I don't recall any of them advertising this. I have two by the way. If I can get a non VPN flash, I'll go for it, but getting someone to return an email is impossible in this niche market.

In the meantime, I'll hope that my units hold out for as long as possible.
    OK but that's what you get for jumping without testing the waters first.

I knew when these "unlimited" 4G devices first sprang up they were doing something shady and fully expected Big Red to put the hammer down. Looks like they did, because all of the eBay sellers disappeared overnight. There are only a couple now and like I said, all new sellers. How convenient.

Personally I'm not willing to ever invest $200 or $300 or more in this flashed stuff ever again. I can rent a real grandfathered line with no data cap and no fear of termination...or worry about what shady vector the seller has implemented to offer this great "lifetime" service. Just my thoughts here.

Newb BABY NEWB

Default Re: Worlds first lte flash for free data on a mifi !!!! Proof of concept

Sorry, probably a dumb question, but what is wrong with a VPN flash?

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by Bakken View Post
    the mifi devices do not have much in terms of CPU, so the VPN makes them really slow compared to non VPN (I have seen some as slow as 2-4mbps vs the 30-40 I see on standard LTE non VPN) plus the ping / latency goes to 100+ usually, and if the VPN server is ever taken offline, you are then offline for good and have a useless device. One of the VPN flashers has been routing everything through a cable modem at their house... its slow as christmas, and only a matter of time before maxed out or shut down. Stay away from the VPN flashers, not worth the money. (Personal opinion).

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MiFiMan2200 View Post
    OK but that's what you get for jumping without testing the waters first.

I knew when these "unlimited" 4G devices first sprang up they were doing something shady and fully expected Big Red to put the hammer down. Looks like they did, because all of the eBay sellers disappeared overnight. There are only a couple now and like I said, all new sellers. How convenient.

Personally I'm not willing to ever invest $200 or $300 or more in this flashed stuff ever again. I can rent a real grandfathered line with no data cap and no fear of termination...or worry about what shady vector the seller has implemented to offer this great "lifetime" service. Just my thoughts here.
    Agree flashed mifis just aren’t worth it anymore due to risk as before if something went wrong your out maybe 60$ now if something goes wrong your out hundreds, we switched to just buying the monthly SIM cards for Verizon where 60$ plans is 14$ for first month, I just have to buy new sim every month, and grandfathers lines for selll would be s good idea to..

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by Bakken View Post
    The VPN is a subscription service that I don't have control over. Ping times and speeds are fine (20-30mbps - could play fortnite well on them) - just a coupe of additional hops. My problem is that once the year of prepaid VPN service is up, somebody will need to pay for an additional year. This wasn't mentioned when purchasing.

Newb

Will the 6620l work with nv only with what type phone !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast