Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Question Broken Menu Files (Is This A Flash Fix?)

As I tend to do with most everything, I jumped into phone modification without enough research and dorked something up. Thankfully my phone is still functioning as much so as I really need it to, so I am hesitant to proceed without asking the right questions first. My phone is a functioning W385 currently linked with the Verizon network and is on a solid plan that has enough minutes and plenty (unlimited) texts. Sorry if that's too much rambling.

If I flash my phone with the Verizon file, will all of the information that my phone needs to call and text still function properly? or would I need to reactivate the phone with Verizon?

I've searched and searched and realized that this was a stupid error that I made and nobody that I have found on the forums has experienced a similar issue. So that's all.

Old Timer

If you flash your phone, it will pretty much reset it like it came right out of the box. It is just like formatting your hard drive and installing a new OS. However, also note that you will also lose all your contacts, pictures, texts, etc. just like when you format your hard drive on your PC.

The good news is you won't have to even go into Verizon to activate it again. All you need to do is dial *228 on your phone and it will activate and be ready to use.

I hope this is of use to you. Welcome to Gurus.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

i reflashed a storm back from cricket to verizon last week and did the over the air programming,it did ask me for a password,the guy was standing there waiting so i had it. so you will problebly have to have your acct. password , i am assuming they will always ask for it but i am not sure that was the first time i had done that with verizon. took a long time to,about 5 min. not quick like cricket.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

yeah like smitty said, and of course if that doesn't work out you may have to reload the firmware onto the phone manually my reloading a monster file (Motorola phone firmware) file onto the phone using RSD Lite

welcome to the forums

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

ya know i should have ask you to tell us what is wrong specifically with your phone,maybe there is a better way or another way to fix it that you may want to consider. so if you would tell us some specifics....who knows....
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

true, I thought that my phone being in a bootloop would be fixed by "flashing" it which is what brought me to this site originally. I was wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast