Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Newb

I've been having lots of fun with my Metro flashed sprint htc hero. I was having a guy at a store do it in the beginning. It was working for like a month the first time. Then the data stopped working. They reflashed it again. Lasted a day. I figure I'd give them one more shot at it. Third time I didn't even make it home before it stopped working. I figured if they could do it perhaps I could do it, and be able to fix it if it stopped working myself. I've been reading forums over the last couple days, and finally felt like giving it a try. I was able to get my msl/spc via a MSLreader app loaded into my phone. It took two trys for it to work, but it got it the second time. I took this to also believe my phone had already been rooted. I noticed the damagecontrol image on my sd card, which is what they probably used to flash it. Anyway, I installed the anycut app and changed my proxity settings. Bam! Internet was up and operational again. But it looks to be the only app that is able to get internet access. All my other apps ie. gmail, yahoomail, etc,.. aren't able to gain access and update. ( all works with wifi connection, just when trying to use the data network does it fail)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a solution this issue? I would love to try some of the other images out there, but figure I'd better first get my brain around what I've already got.

Also what do I need to save before flashing in another image? ESN, MEID, and what else?

I made a copy of my phone as it was using the hold home key and power key at the same time. I've set that asside hoping that if I screw the pooch I can just get back to where I was before I started all this mess. I also made copies of the data with Qpst hoping after a new image is installed I can just overlay the data saved back into the phone.

Thanks,

Mab

Newb

Do a search for "htc droid eris to metro pcs" and follow it to step III. That was where I found my answer. I've got data network conductivity for everything on the phone now. Now to try I different image.....maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by felips.110 View Post
    So I took a longass time to freeakin get
    web on stock browser app or other browser working thanks to bad PST settings and crickets dumass proxy use but finally got them right As I searched around forums I noticed a lot of people struggling with the same issue and decided I should HELP all of youu so if you are struggling with the PST settings here are the ones I used

If you are trying to get web working I suggest heading to the tutorial provided at - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] post #8 and using this settings for the "setup your data" part

This will work for people who where:
    -just trying to look for some PST goddies to get WEB
    - getting the little crappy waiting for standby connection blah blah something like that when looking at the Mobile Network Status
    -all the people who didnt know what to do with the "setup your data " part at the tutorial on how to do a full flash (heres the link if you want it and where dumb enough to not notice it a few lines up not being rude to anyone - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] post #8)

allright now that im done talkin and bla bla blaing and bs lets get the party started:

Active Profile:1
    UserName:yourtendigitnumber@mycricket.com
    Spi MN:HA: 12c
    spi mn:AAA:2
    Reverse Tunel:Enable
    home IP:0.0.0.0
    Primary Home:68.28.15.12
    Second Home:68.28.31.12
    HA Shared Secret:cricket
    AAA shared cricket:cricket
    DSA:I left this as it was all worked right

Slot Cycle Index:0 can leave as default but changing this to 0 will let you get messages and calls faster
    MCC:310
    MNC:00
    ACCOLC:2
    Vocoderisable
    Home Orig:Voice 13k also can leave as default but voice 13k is way better than EVRC or anything else
    Roam Orig:Voice 13k
    LBS PDE IP: Blank
    LBS PDE Port: BLANK
    Home Sys Reg:enable
    Foreign SID reg:enable
    DDTM:disable
    Home SID/NID#1:4139/65535

so after setting your PST settings click menu>commint modifications
    let the phone restart,, after restart you should get the little 1x at the status bar of your screen if it doesnt appear check the status of Mobile Network if its off turn it on if its on and you should get the 1x on the status bar

also if like me your trying to get web to work download anycut or
    better cut anycut is free to me both are the same. So open up any of the two and make a shortcut of proxysettings by going into activity (wait since its trying to get all activities) than look for proxy settings all the way at the bottom,, after that click on the shortcut that you made from anycut/bettercut and for hostname write: wap.mycricket.com and for Port write :8080

voilaaaaa!! ;D <<<did I write it right??? anywhoo if you used the PST settings and used anycut or bettercut your web should work right

!!!!!also on a last note if you do the anycut shortcut before getting the 1x at the status bar in other words getting mobile network connection your browser wont work so make sure you edit your proxy settings after getting any network connection

i know on the last parts of this tutorial i got offtopic anyways talkin about webif your anycute shortcuts wont work you could try using proxysurf and while in it go into settings and setting proxy there thought i will tell you proxysurf is sloWWW and doesnt have multitouch anyways just wanted to a little fyi

so If it works well your welcomee and its good to know I helped someone
    if it didnt well just reply or PM me and I will try to help into getting web working !!!
    Your SID/NID pairs can vary from market to market my SID is 5450 NID is 65535 if you have problems
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by hexibot43 View Post
    I've been having lots of fun with my Metro flashed sprint htc hero. I was having a guy at a store do it in the beginning. It was working for like a month the first time. Then the data stopped working. They reflashed it again. Lasted a day. I figure I'd give them one more shot at it. Third time I didn't even make it home before it stopped working. I figured if they could do it perhaps I could do it, and be able to fix it if it stopped working myself. I've been reading forums over the last couple days, and finally felt like giving it a try. I was able to get my msl/spc via a MSLreader app loaded into my phone. It took two trys for it to work, but it got it the second time. I took this to also believe my phone had already been rooted. I noticed the damagecontrol image on my sd card, which is what they probably used to flash it. Anyway, I installed the anycut app and changed my proxity settings. Bam! Internet was up and operational again. But it looks to be the only app that is able to get internet access. All my other apps ie. gmail, yahoomail, etc,.. aren't able to gain access and update. ( all works with wifi connection, just when trying to use the data network does it fail)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a solution this issue? I would love to try some of the other images out there, but figure I'd better first get my brain around what I've already got.

Also what do I need to save before flashing in another image? ESN, MEID, and what else?

I made a copy of my phone as it was using the hold home key and power key at the same time. I've set that asside hoping that if I screw the pooch I can just get back to where I was before I started all this mess. I also made copies of the data with Qpst hoping after a new image is installed I can just overlay the data saved back into the phone.

Thanks,

Mab
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] if you want a sure fire fix. also there are tutorials posted on how to run data through the proxy, cricket had the same issue so you might be interested in how they got data and apps for cricket. Good luck
    Retired

Newb

Default Re: HTC Hero PST settings!!(Data Settings for Cricket)to get WEB to work

Thank youuuuu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooo muccchhhh!!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678