I've been having lots of fun with my Metro flashed sprint htc hero. I was having a guy at a store do it in the beginning. It was working for like a month the first time. Then the data stopped working. They reflashed it again. Lasted a day. I figure I'd give them one more shot at it. Third time I didn't even make it home before it stopped working. I figured if they could do it perhaps I could do it, and be able to fix it if it stopped working myself. I've been reading forums over the last couple days, and finally felt like giving it a try. I was able to get my msl/spc via a MSLreader app loaded into my phone. It took two trys for it to work, but it got it the second time. I took this to also believe my phone had already been rooted. I noticed the damagecontrol image on my sd card, which is what they probably used to flash it. Anyway, I installed the anycut app and changed my proxity settings. Bam! Internet was up and operational again. But it looks to be the only app that is able to get internet access. All my other apps ie. gmail, yahoomail, etc,.. aren't able to gain access and update. ( all works with wifi connection, just when trying to use the data network does it fail)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a solution this issue? I would love to try some of the other images out there, but figure I'd better first get my brain around what I've already got.

Also what do I need to save before flashing in another image? ESN, MEID, and what else?

I made a copy of my phone as it was using the hold home key and power key at the same time. I've set that asside hoping that if I screw the pooch I can just get back to where I was before I started all this mess. I also made copies of the data with Qpst hoping after a new image is installed I can just overlay the data saved back into the phone.

Thanks,

Mab