Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Newb

Default Re: How Do I "put back" the Get it Now Software on a LG VX9900 enV?

Going to see movie with wife. Much more fun than playing with phone. I have BitPM by the way and it works well with the VX900. Is there a way to put applications back via its file system? If so how?

Newb

Just spoke with customer service/tech support. Their system is down. Imagine that. However the tech support guy said i need brew application installer app. Working on getting it. Told him the store while trying did nothing.

Newb

Still learning here. Verizon still having issues. So if i run the scr update only your files restore all the stuff in the brew directory on the phone? That brings back the applications. At least the list of them on the phone?

Newb

Went ahead and flashed your scr file. Given Verizon is messed up tonight I figure that gives me cover incase I need to redo my phone's authentication. Well I do. The scr file disconnected my phone from the network. Could be the manually entered auth number.... Will be calling them in the morning. Applications are back. Can't tell if I can actually connect via them or not given Verizon's network is down to re-auth my phone.

Newb

Verizon mostly backup today, not all the way back but mostly. Phone reprogrammed as it should this morning. Text and phone back. But any web based applications will not load. Getting "Not connected to network try again later" message OR catalog not found (534) error. Did not get either before. Catalog error was 4 digits, can't remember the number now. I called tech support again this morning. Was told that when we did the manual authentication number the "system" now knows that my older phone does not have access to the web based stuff. While some of it worked as of last week it did so based on the old authentication number. The system knows with any "new" A number for my older phone ALL the web stuff is turned off. Which does not sound exactly true. But what can I say. She said go to the store but the store has been useless regarding this stuff. She offered me a free upgrade to a new phone though. Looking at choices but don't want smart phone and the data plan stuff.

Newb

Spent time with Verizon tech support this afternoon. Have been able to get back on the web for New, Info and My Account. Still getting error for trying to load get applications. Now its 3332. Verizon tech said that is not going to be fixed. So unless there is a way to update the certificate on my own Verizon's web "system" recognizes my phone and says some stuff is turned off.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345