Join Today

Site Sponsor

Threaded View

Premium Member

Default Shop Owners - Thoughts On Converting to Cell Phone Repair Shop

Hey Guys,

To all you shop owners out there a question....

Over the last year, my business has seen a shift more towards cell phone repairs and away from general prepaid plan sales, phone sales and even flashing has taken a drop off. Not in part to advertising though, just seems a general shift in the customers mood in my area.

So, I am trying to set up my shop better for repairs. Any suggestions to maximize small space efficiency for a repair shop? And any suggestions/recommendations for equipment I might want to look into for a professional job and appearance?

Got a pretty generic but good working hot air soldering gun and the hodge podge mix of tools. But thats it right now.

Thinking of going more the route of my making my shop into a repair shop for phones more then anything else. As it seems that it could be more of a money maker for me and I really like doing repairs. Also not to many if any phone shop in my area that do most to all types of repairs and/or do quality work. Most end up referring you down to Los Angeles area which is about 50 miles away from my area.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.
    Last edited by markymark805; 12-25-2010 at 08:40 PM.