Hello,

I'm looking for some direction.

I spend a lot of time on the road (rock climbing, etc.) and often want to check my email in the boonies or load Google maps. I typically do this by driving to town for wifi or whatever, but a 3g solution would be better. I've seen some people selling MIFIs with the $5/mo deal but also lots of comments about how it's either been shut down or requires resets. I'd much rather have a setup I can use to reconfig my device on the road when necessary as getting my phone configured by someone else would be next to impossible most times (not that I've seen anyone offer such a service). Ideally, I'd buy a 6620L (only device that unofficially works with my OS) and modify it. Is this asking too much?

I'm more experienced with traditional OSI model networking via various fiber/cable providers and VOIP routing than this stuff. I haven't found a comprehensive guide or manual as yet.

I have experience using QPST (unrelated flip phone issue) but that's about it.

I also have a dual band booster/antenna setup I use to make calls with my PagePlus phone. PP's data rates blow donkeys so I never use it.

Have pity on this CDMA neophyte! Thank you