Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Flash Palm Pre Or Palm Pixi To Cricket Step By Step

that rom posted is for pixi plus (verizon) only,it will not work with sprint pixis. i have never personally tried that one,i would suggest looking around for the treo8 rom, i say that because i have used that one and it does bypass activation and is fairly easy to achieve t-t-web-and incomming pics with that one. i have that rom somewhere,but not sure where because i dont use it anymore i have beezels one click webos for all 4 pixi's and pre"s,if you are gonna flash very many i highly recomend buying them,everything works first try every try. if you cant find the treo8 i will look on my pc's when i get to the store tomorrow and throw it up for you,but it is out there for the taking if you look around for it.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Thanks,
    The phone I am trying to flash is definitely a Verizon Palm Pixi Plus. I'm still having issues with getting the thing to flash though. I dug around and found the treo8 Verizon rom. I'm not sure if that one is for the plus version though because the site displays to me in Chinese. I noticed with the treo8 rom vs. the one here it dumps almost instantly while the one here dumps after loading some drivers ect @ 8%. Perhaps it could be a driver issue and I will try the other ones. If you do find that treo8 rom I'd love to give it a try.

-Thanks Guys!

Newb

If it helps anyone I finally got the palm pixi plus on the cricket network from verizon. I'm not sure what flashing with the rom will entirely do but I didn't use it as it would not work for me. I ran DeviceTool.jar to bypass activation then simply uploaded my prl to the phone. It took awhile until I had a chance to activate the phone due to money issues. Perhaps in the future I will post a thread of my experience getting the palm pixi plus verizon to cricket in hopes it may help someone else. It was activated today and so far phone is working. I plan on doing data ect when I get time hopefully tomorrow.

Newb

thanks very much it worked for a sprint pre>>>

Newb

If I have a Sprint palm pre, is there any way I can get this thing on cricket without buying cdma workshop or anything else? The entire reason I am trying to do this is because I have the palm pre here already and want to activate it, but sprint is too expensive.

I would just buy a GSM phone and go with t-mobile if I was going to spend upwards of a hundred dollars.

I'm willing to give this another shot, because I have seen people posting that they have their sprint palm pre unlocked and working on cricket. But getting the phone unlocked seems like a fairly large hurdle.

CDMA phone ie: Sprint will need to be flashed
    GSM phones like tmobile, at&t are unlocked.

It's a lot of work to do a Pre to cricket, but can be done with most PSTs that you'll find here in the forums. If you just want talk and text, it's simple but if you want web, that's were it'll get tricky.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast