Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Flash Palm Pre Or Palm Pixi To Cricket Step By Step

this solution works fantastically well and recommend anything from the poster and the creator.
    Retired

Newb

i need help setting up a com port for palm pixi plus to work with cdma workshop, it sucks buying software and not knowing how to use it. thanks in advance

Newb

I have been reading for 4 days on numerous sites. I hate asking stupid questions without trying to first look for the answer. Please believe me that I have tried numerous search functions with no answer to my dilema.

I have a palm pre that i was successful getting past the activation screen.

I have the MSL.

I have downloaded and installed putty, QXDM, and CDMA workshop. I've downloaded the driver set in the post but still can't get any of the above applications to recognize the phone. I really am not sure how to apply the drivers. The phone is recognized as palm novacom bootie. I am running windows 7 pro on a 64 bit system, but the install wizard never popped up asking me to install alternate drivers. Windows finds what it thinks is the right one and when I try to change it after the fact it tells me that windows has chosen the best driver.

In diagnostic mode I have 4 options, acm usb, com1, com2, and serial. I dont know if I'm supposed to change these to diag or leave at none?

From all of the reading I've done I think all I have left to do is flash the PRL and change and few settings and then I will be good to go. Please someone point me in the right direction before I smash this phone.

If I have left out any information to enable someone to help me, please let me know and I'll do my best to describe it.

Newb

I've tried flashing with a custom rom imagine for Palm Pixi Plus but get an error during the flash, This version is incompatible. I am flashing from Verizon to Cricket and am wondering if it could be that I need to have a Sprint phone. If so perhaps I could flash from Verizon to Sprint then flash to Cricket? It is a Rom for a Palm Pixi Plus to Cricket, would the original phone source i.e. Verizon or Sprint make a Difference. I know people sell solutions but no joke I am stone cold poor. I have no intention of seeking profit as the phone is for my partner. Also I have searched for the past week trying to find a good solution on using Cricket before starting and this seems like the best shot. I'd swear I've even tried Verizon versions of this rom and get the same error. Is there also a certain version WebOs you need to flash from ?

-Thanks for the information
    Last edited by WorkBoot; 05-08-2011 at 02:40 AM.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Quote Originally Posted by WorkBoot View Post
    I've tried flashing with a custom rom imagine for Palm Pixi Plus but get an error during the flash, This version is incompatible. I am flashing from Verizon to Cricket and am wondering if it could be that I need to have a Sprint phone. If so perhaps I could flash from Verizon to Sprint then flash to Cricket? It is a Rom for a Palm Pixi Plus to Cricket, would the original phone source i.e. Verizon or Sprint make a Difference. I know people sell solutions but no joke I am stone cold poor. I have no intention of seeking profit as the phone is for my partner. Also I have searched for the past week trying to find a good solution on using Cricket before starting and this seems like the best shot. I'd swear I've even tried Verizon versions of this rom and get the same error. Is there also a certain version WebOs you need to flash from ?

-Thanks for the information
    your rom if it is one of beezles it is never gonna work for you if you did not buy it,you see he creates and locks his roms to the sid of the purchaser,so if you got the rom free from someone it will never work unless you travel to the sid it was made for and then flash the phone from there.
    if you are using one of the treo8 roms they will work but like will said the verizon will not work for the sprint and visa-versa,they wont brick you though because the webos's are not compatable and will fail to even load kicking the phone out of passthru each time you try.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Thanks for the response guys,
    Well there is another post on the site which has a megaupload link to a rom. See Link Below

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It appears to be a Verizon rom && for all pixi's, I've tried the activation bypass rom found on the site as well to no avail. I'm not exactly sure what this rom adds but if I were to get passed activation and load a Cricket PRL would it be the same as flashing with the roms posted on the site to get voice and text or mms working? I know the data ect is a bit more work but I am expecting that. To flash with the rom I've tried downgrade && upgrade versions of Verizon's WebOs Dr. I've tried with each of these several, x10-x15 each as I know it mentioned to retry until it works but it seems excessive. The only thing I haven't tried and noticed but figured wouldn't make a difference is swapping out to a different driver. As shown in the post in the link above there are beelze's drivers. I noticed that I was allowed to pick from 3, qcmdm 216, 316 && qcser 216, 316. Could that effect the proper flashing? I can view the phone in qpst && access linux no problem. Sorry for the verbose posts but I wanted to be specific, Also if the rom posted in the link is ment to be paid for as I didn't hear of on that specific one for only voice then let me know and I will burn it from my filesystem.

-Thanks Again Guys

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast