Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Timer

Default Let's get the Epic fully flashed......(so far talk,text,web,apps,tethering)

I have gotten everything except for the mms. I am using the heroic epic rom with the phoenix kernal. It's nice bc it allows you to change up the boot logo to what you like. Here's a link to the 1 click root w clockwork mod installer
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    And here's a link to all the roms and kernals out for the epic
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

For you tethering to work you must have a mem kernal that supports it so be sure to check which one you have if your having issues.
    To get everything working just dial ##8778# on the phone and change the usb to modem then your phone should be seen as serial here's the driver if needed [url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=770388
    just set everythinng up as usual with cdma workshop. The epics 16 digit password is 01F2030F5F678FF9
    that should get you the msl. Just set everything up as you would any other android handset and b sure your on the $55 android plan. Once everything is written then you should have talk, text,web,apps,etc. I also noticed that if you do flash a rom you may have to double check your active profile in the mip tab on qpst and be sure everything is right or you may get stuck at 1x or not connect at all. But that should fix it . The only thing missing is mms. I have tried editing the telephony.db file, I tried putting a different mms.apk, did apn backup restore,and everything else I could think of and couldn't get it going. Any help would be excellent. Thanks
    Last edited by johnnyboy14981; 12-11-2010 at 02:56 PM.
    Hopeful up and coming flash guru Grateful for all the guidance along the way...

Newb

First of all, congratulations on getting the epic fully working on metro. I just got mine and i am wondering if you could point me in the right direction on how to get started. What are the steps to do this/what programs do i need? I realize you have to root it first using the link you provided, but what steps do i have to take in cdma workshop? Also, do you have to be on the android plan with metro? Seems kind of pointless since metro has limited 4g. Have you tried the cheaper plans?

Quote Originally Posted by capsulej View Post
    First of all, congratulations on getting the epic fully working on metro. I just got mine and i am wondering if you could point me in the right direction on how to get started. What are the steps to do this/what programs do i need? I realize you have to root it first using the link you provided, but what steps do i have to take in cdma workshop? Also, do you have to be on the android plan with metro? Seems kind of pointless since metro has limited 4g. Have you tried the cheaper plans?
    You may want to look at the forum this thread is in. As for flashing to Metro it can be done, but anything with metro needs to in the metro forums. As for what metro plan I'm not sure if they have a $55 Android plan?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Old Timer

So after tons of searching I found that it has something to do with autostart.sh I am guessing that there's a new one out for the epic. Any insight would be awesome. Thanks Great work on the mms by the way
    Last edited by johnnyboy14981; 01-25-2011 at 01:40 AM.
    Hopeful up and coming flash guru Grateful for all the guidance along the way...

Newb

Default Re: Let's get the Epic fully flashed......(so far talk,text,web,apps,tethering)

For the MMS i've been trying to figure this out, I used anycut in the market to create a shortcul to APN which allowed me to modify the APN just like a motorola droid flash, however even with the settings identical to my droid x and the epic on the android plan the phone acts like it wants to send and kicks back an error... I even tried with handsent limited to 500k, no go... I have no idea what's holding it up.

Apprentice

Default Re: Let's get the Epic fully flashed......(so far talk,text,web,apps,tethering)

The reason that MMS is not working on the Epic is due to it using a Sprint MMS client (as far as I'm aware). Sprint has their own proprietary MMS software. This would explain why your Droid (Verizon phone) would work with the same settings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast