Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Newb

Will this prl work in Toronto, Ontario, Canada?

I go there quite offen. My old HTC mogul always work when I got there, but not my new Motorola Droid X.

I am using PRL 30700 on my DX and it does NOT work in Toronto, Ontario and in Chicago

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

i am not sure. but theres one good way to find out....it is a nationwide .prl so i would think that it would. those markets you listed may be aws markets,if so you wont have service on your droid x. there is one good way to find out what .prl cricket wants your phone to have,just use the over the air programming,
    (dial *228 then send for your verizon phone) and then see what they send you.

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    i am not sure. but theres one good way to find out....it is a nationwide .prl so i would think that it would. those markets you listed may be aws markets,if so you wont have service on your droid x. there is one good way to find out what .prl cricket wants your phone to have,just use the over the air programming,
    (dial *228 then send for your verizon phone) and then see what they send you.
    When I was using my HTC mogul flash phone, it work ok in Toronto, Canada, I just did not have MMS or internet working but I have voice and text working ok. So I dont believe the area I was in was an aws market.

I did try dailing *228 on my DX when I was in Canada but there was no signal bar for the phone to dail out to, so I was unable to update my PRL. Do I need any signal to dail *228 ???

CDMA GURUS Booster

yes you need signal to dial it. try to get somewhere you have service at,then try again,if it does'nt work,try *22804. it sometimes will force the phone to take the .prl,but you gotta have signal to do it. if you have the tools to write the .prl try changing it to see if you get signal.we like to use 1039. it is a simple and small .prl that is pretty generic and always connects here and works well with ota programming.

Newb

hey i talk to the district manager of south texas today, who is writig all thocricket prl's.

The reason why they r coming out withso many prl files, is because they r trying to disabled flashing without houdini.
    soon houdini is gonna fully lash phones to cricket including apps etc.
    besides that r their flased phones gonna work on two different systems, one for cheap basic phones and one for smartphones, etc.

just wanted to keep u guys informed

thank rich hathaway for the new prl

CDMA GURUS Booster

that will never happen,how can anyone accomplish this with a prl?? not possible.any prl they release will be read and posted for all to use. they have been working on using houdini in some market corporate stores. but for the most part that was a huge failure,resulting in hundreds of lost customers and cricket dumping houdini.the prob is they are flashing talk and text only (which no-one wants) and they cant get it scripted right as far as the programming since right now only about half the flashed phones will take *228 and with no support the custy is left with essentially a brick or at least they think it is, a phone that is flashed t&t but not programmed and usless. our corporate stores here in kc were sending them down here to us,since we are crickets repair center,but it was irritating that they were asking me to program these phones they flashed for 5 bucks and took that custy away from me,then send them back for me to fix for free,thus taking my bread and butter.(takes balls) i did it but reluctantly,and now they took the boxes out of the stores and are once again sending there flashes to us the pro's (us) lesson learned, hopefully. so this cant be the only market that happened in.corporate flashing will not work with houdini because of no support. i have spoken with "the naaz" (the woman in cricket who has the kc market) and they will not be corporate flashing here...

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast