Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Premium Member

Default Airvoice New Data Offering- Question for other dealers

Ive been emailing airvoice and getting no real responses. But do any of you dealers out there know or have seen a list of phones that will actually have the data be programmed OTA with there new data sim? All they keep telling me is to keep a sim and unlimited plan w data pin handy and try all phones prior to selling an activation to see if there specific phone will use the data and program OTA.

Thats kind of ridiculous of a response from a corporation to its dealers, dont ya think?

I kind of figured most ATT dumbphones will, but i dont have many att phones around to try on and im still waiting for my dang sims. But curious on unlocked phones or if anyone has seen settings to make other carriers work, like simple mobile puts out to its dealers.

Thanks in advance guys.

Old Timer

Air Voice claimed they were getting Data on November 15. Didn't happen. It got changed to the "coming soon" copout mode. Now they finally have it. I say just be patient. If they dropped the ball on something as important a development as a definite data/mms due date launch, other screwups shouldn't be surprising.

I actually think 30 megs/100 mms is a bad joke. H20 was going to do that but they upped it to a more reasonable 50 megs/unlimited mms at the same price point ($50).

Sister ATT mvno , Jolt Mobile is launching an unlimited talk/text/mms/50 meg data plan too. I would consider them a better alternate to Air Voice as they almost approach H20. They have lower paygo rates then H20 and data for paygo too (expensive ripoff $10 a/meg!). Air Voice's only real edges are $2 a meg data for paygo and 8 cents a minute on their one year card.

They have a weak phone selection, and their data/mms offering is underpowered.

They are dead in the water for international calling. I see no real advantage in selling Air Voice Vs. Say Jolt or H20.

Plus you can't use the same sim for Air Voice gsm paygo on unlimited and vice versa. They make you get a whole new account.

Air Voice is one of only three ATT mvnos with data but H20/Jolt makes them pale incomparison.

And Simple Mobile offers more data then any of them ("unlimited" has one to five gig cap depending on what source you get the info from).

Premium Member

basically my same thoughts.... but around here, more people are starting to use and know airvoice then the others....

Old Timer

Air Voice should have data up and running. I think AV's real advantages are: US CS, One year paygo card cuts minutes to 8 cents a minute, paygo data at $2/meg.

Their unlimited talk/text plan is good w/ unlted talk/text/intl text but their data offering pales to Jolt/H20.

Plus you have to have two separate sims to activate Air Voice on paygo side or unlimited side, you can't use the same sim for both.

H20 you can activate standard ATT sims on their paygo plan.

Old Timer

Default Air Voice increases data to 100 megs/unlimited mms.

As of April 27, Air Voice gsm increased the data portion of their fifty dollar unlimited talk/text plan from 30megs/100mms to 100 megs/unlimited mms.

Better then any other Att mvno at this time. However, Att has given its own Gophone prepaid division data portions up to half a gig now so they've leapfrogged past any mvno offerings.

Air Voice has eliminated unlimited international text on new accounts since January but are offering $2 international calling credits and are stepping up its ILD efforts compared to before.

Once you hit the 100 megs, you can buy more data at the rate of $2 a meg with their $10 card.

Big woop.

Hope the other Att mvnos, Jolt, H20 , Red Pocket and Pure catch up soon.
    Simple Mobile is whupping them , hidden cap or not.

Old Timer

Default Re: Airvoice New Data Offering- Question for other dealers

Looks like H20 wireless just caught up. They now offer 100 megs of data too on their unlimited $50 talk/text plan.