Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old Timer

What I post in my store is:

1) The flash is guaranteed as long as you own the phone. The following will void this warranty: 1) Taking it to another shop to get it repaired. 2) adjusting the settings on your phone and it affects the flash 3) doing a factory reset of your phone

2)If we damage your phone, we are responsible for replacing it. Every flash I do I dial *228 to make sure it dials out and you can actually hear something. That way the customer knows they either have a working phone or they don't.

3) I guarantee repairs for 14 days.

It is tricky wording these "guarantees". As there are shady people we deal with. You want a fine line between protecting yourself as well as making the customer feel comfortable having you work on their phone.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

man smitty i gotta say,that is well written,and i dont think it would make a custy nervous reading it.i am about to steal it. and put it up here. lol..

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

i dont think it matters if they sign it, that relinquishes all rights granted before they sign. and is binding as long as they wer'nt under diress when they signed.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    i dont think it matters if they sign it, that relinquishes all rights granted before they sign. and is binding as long as they wer'nt under diress when they signed.
    I give 45 days. We are holding onto a cell phone for crying out loud. It isn't like we are having to take up a lot of space holding a car. lol

When I print the workorder on the phone repair, the person is told about the rule as well. I have only had to deal with this one time in four years. The customer actually was cool about it and totally understood. My thing with 45 days is fair. It gives a couple of paydays for the person to come up with the money. Also, if they simply call, I will hold onto it longer.

Like I said earlier, my thinking is you want the guarantee to be reasonable enough to where the customer understands where you are coming from and it is straightforward enough to make sure it isn't open to the con artists.

This is a good topic. In all the best practice is to go on a case by case basis and be honest. I have bricked two phones in four years. I replaced both of them. It actually helped my reputation that I was honest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12