Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BABY NEWB

Default Flashing terms and condition for showroom

Here is a poster I am putting in my showroom. Anything I need to add?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by captainkirks; 12-07-2010 at 04:52 AM.

include to no update/change software on phone or wipe/factory reset or will lose full flash

Quote Originally Posted by ownmart View Post
    include to no update/change software on phone or wipe/factory reset or will lose full flash
    Also do not try to reflash, or flash yourself. I've had the monkey that thinks they can get MMS working because it'll work on their buddies, then bring it back wanting me to fix it for free.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

while all this is right, thats a scarry sign for a customer to walk in a read before handing there 400 dollar phone over. in our store we have no such sign just for that reason.i am sure you will lose sales because it makes it sound like you are confident something will go wrong and when it does,well you are telling them you wont be there for them. we just tell them before they leave it, basically the same thing,dont ota,dont hard reset,and for god sake dont call or do anything 1800 cricket says to do,if you need help,call us,we are the experts,if you got a cricket branded problem call them. its worth the few problems it creates.with all the 5 dollar flashers out there,flashing has slowed,at least around here.(kc) because really there are gonna be mad and blame you for anything goin wrong with it either way,so for us we'll take the extra biz and not have that sign,but just spend a few extra minutes with each custy to educate them on how manage there newly flashed device. we give a 30 day day warranty (which no one else does around here) as long as there is no custy error,and when something is wrong it is always the like whitey said,because they got to fooling around with it and changin settings. just my 2 cents bro.

BABY NEWB

Thanks Rich, our flashing business has slow down to very much. The repairs are way up. This is printed on the back of the repair order they sign before we can do work.(Dam California law you must have a sign repair order to perform any service work) I am in a small town of 50k and there is no $5 flashers so I still get OK money plus I been in business selling phones for 19 years so I got a good reputation I hope. The biggest trouble I have is 1800 cricket and them telling them to *228.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

i know,and man it pisses peeps off when they get told by cricket to do what restores there phone to a talk and text only flash.i/we have reflashed hundreds of phones for no charge because of that,because while it is not my fault,i just took 50 to 100 bucks the day before from them,and they really had no business calling cricket,but when do that once they wont call again,and we pretty much make them a custy for life fixin it for free.i always tell them first it gonna cost 50 bucks to reflash,and then end up giving it away. its like i feel guilty for some reason recharging them. but the ones that bring it in and say i didnt change anything it just quit workin,then when plugged and read everything is either back to sprint or whoever,and nothing is cricket anymore,but "it just happened to rewrite itself" im chargin everytime. this is a crazy biz. sorry didnt mean to cry on yer shoulder... i feel better now...lol...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast