Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newb

Default droid eris diag drivers

This is probably the wrong section but idk where it goes, so...
    I am trying to get the hero diag drivers to work for eris on win7 64 bit. But everytime i try to install it, it just says no drivers found. I am trying to install manually, selecting the drivers i downloaded it just doesnt install them. i have everything else, qpst cdma tools android sdk and everything else, all I need it the diag drivers. can anyone help at all, or are you just gonna yell at me for putting this in the wrong section.
    Thanks

Not sure if you've tried this yet.
    Is the phone in USB debugging?
    Is HTC Sync installed? [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Does the PC see the Eris and just wont install?

Just some suggestions, and yes it looks like you found the correct forum. Sense you are flashing to cricket.

Newb

Thanks for the quick reply
    I have everything else installed, all other drivers and programs, the comp 'sees' the eris. When I go to device manager it shows 'htc diag', i click it and it shows no driver installed, so i click manual install. I browse to the folder with the driver files in it and it just says the driver wasnt found?
    The phone is in debug usb mode, but when I plug it in it still shows up as a disk drive, I also tried charge only mode with no luck. The only thing I can think it can be is that the files I have are not for win 7 64 bit, so it isn't detecting the driver files.
    The files I downloaded only say something like 'htc-droid-hero-diag.zip', but doesnt say anything about windows version or anything.
    Thanks for the help again.

Quote Originally Posted by cassidy89 View Post
    I have everything else installed, all other drivers and programs, the comp 'sees' the eris. When I go to device manager it shows 'htc diag', i click it and it shows no driver installed, so i click manual install. I browse to the folder with the driver files in it and it just says the driver wasnt found?
    The phone is in debug usb mode, but when I plug it in it still shows up as a disk drive, I also tried charge only mode with no luck. The only thing I can think it can be is that the files I have are not for win 7 64 bit, so it isn't detecting the driver files.
    The files I downloaded only say something like 'htc-droid-hero-diag.zip', but doesnt say anything about windows version or anything.
    Try downloading HTC sync and also place the phone in DIAG mode. ##DIAG# or ##DIAG (SND)

Quote Originally Posted by cassidy89 View Post
    Try downloading HTC sync and also place the phone in DIAG mode. ##DIAG# or ##DIAG (SND)

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    ok htc sync is not working now (but it was before), so i have to get that working again.
    I am assuming I have to start htc sync on pc, then put phone in diag mode(htc sync from 'connect to pc' setting, then connect to pc. And if all goes well then it should automatically install the diag drivers? is that correct?

again Thanks everybody for all the help, I really appreciate it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast