Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default WAP on Cricket--Samsung Instinct Hd

I have tried everything I know (which is not much) to get Cricket WAP settings that worked my Instinct M850.
    I've found a few tutorials, including this one: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that seemed like they should work...but had no luck. Now I've messed around evidently screwed up the browser as well.
    Every time I go to connect to the internet, the Sprint data provisioning message comes up. Now the browser won't even open even using WiFi. I can open Myspace and Facebook on WiFi, but no Opera browser. I did the extra step in the afore mentioned tutorial by going into BREW and trying to start the browser from there...but no go. I've even gone so far as to wipe out all information with QPST and start afresh...TWICE.
    This is only the second phone I've ever flashed to Cricket. Talk and text work fine. But I fear that I've really screwed something up now that the browser won't even open. I have no idea what I'm doing and have relied solely on what I've read on the internet. I guess it serves me right ha! Oh yes, and let me add this...HEEELLPP!!!

you're in the wrong thread bud, if all else fails on a phone, update software through sprint or reload bin/scr

Thread moved from cricket mafia forum to flashing Samsungs to cricket. Please pay close attention to where you post to help keep the forum organized and helpful and friendly for future users.

Newb

Oops....sorry...my first post in a cellphone forum of any kind....am I forgiven??

Newb

Okay, now that this thread has been situated in a better suited, more appropriate home by the friendly and courteous moderator...I must continue with my pleas for help on the grounds of ignorance as seriously limited newb... I actually got the internet to work on my Instinct HD. How do I know this with no browser? Well, I can log onto Facebook, as well as a couple of other 3rd party apps. So...I still have no browser. I've tried to use Bitpim to open and modify BREW, but though it seems to try to open, it is unable to read my file system. I've downloaded Opera Mini and tried to install from my SD card and it says it is installing, only to come back with an error code.
    Ownmart; I thank you for your suggestion on reloading bin/scr or updating through Sprint, but I have no idea what the first part means, nor do I know how to do the second. I'm still Googling these ideas, what they mean. and how to do them. When I say I'm a newb at this; I mean I am so wet behind the ears that I have to wear a towel around my neck to keep my shirt dry!!!! Any help would be appreciated.

Newb

Question

Duplicate Post
    Last edited by Glendee66; 12-11-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Duplicate Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast