Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default Need Help Please Storm 9530

Hello, I am new to modding blackberry... I have been modding phones for over 4 years now so i do have experience. I have created guides on motorola modding forums, but this is my first bb and i am stuck. I just purchased a used storm 9530. It is a verizon phone that i would like to activate on the cricket network. I have done about a weeks worth of research and i believe that i have all of the info and software needed. I am just unsure as to the order of modding this phone and where to actually start as it is a nice phone and do not want to brick it. If anyone could help or point me to the right direction i would really appreciate it.... Thanx

BANNED

Default Re: Need Help Please Storm 9530

I have everything you need to flash the storm over. You gotta have cdma workshop 3.6 as well as qpst. And also cricket service books. Get blackberry desktop manager and install. Plug in phone, drivers will install. Run cdma workshop and connect to com 4 then read phone. Goto security tab on top put in 000000 then send. Phone is now unlocked. Goto other tab on top and click on write in the prl area and choose the cricket prl. Double click the file it will say write successful. Goto evdo tab and put in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in first box and password is cricket. Mdn being the phone number. Do that to all the boxes on this tab then click write. Goto nam tab and put your min number that you get from cricket. Put in mdn number. Put in sid number that you get from cricket as well. Click write. Now go to main page or click exit and restart phone. Once rebooted reconnect desktop manager and open qpst add port put in com4. Your phone should be listed. Goto service programming and click ok. Click okon the little popup. Now click read phone. Goto m. Ip tab and make sure your [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is in the box on the right hand side password is cricket. Now click the ok and click the ppp tab up top and make sure you see the same thing on the right side. Click the um button and check for the same info. Then also make sure its on simple ip. Then click write. Phone restarts. Now goto phone then goto dialpad and press ##program put your mdn up top and min underneath now goto bottom and you should see 00111111 change to 00000000 press bb menu and save it should say write successful then restart. Once restarted goto bb menu, options, advanced options, service books. Now make sure your still connected to dm and on the phone type 4,?,2,? To put phone in legacy mode now go to dm and click backup restore goto restore find the cricket service books and double click. Once done restoring disconnect from computer and *228. There ya go need any help just pm me and i also have the gsm unlocking software for it too as well.

BANNED

Im sorry to go to programming menu goto dialpad and push ##000000 not ##program thats for droids. Sorry for the misleading info.

BABY NEWB

Great steps but I never had to do the qpst part or ##000000, Just cdma workshop and blackberry desktop.

BANNED

Ive always done the ##000000 it ensures everything is correct lol

Brian is correct. You will never go wrong with the ##000000 to program MIN and MDN.