Thanks for the drivers. I have saved them. I also got a drivers today from the guy who posted the instructions I'm quoting below (I'm using those for now. He has the phone drivers and the dll for the PST, but not CDMA workshop or the PST app.)

I found a version of the PST that's supposed to work. But I'm stuck on the step before that - CDMA Workshop - it isn't working.

I downloaded the new Demo version of CDMA workshop. Device Manager reported the phone was on COM9. The Demo version gave a message "COM9 is not available in the demo version." I changed the phone modem to COM1 in the Device Manager - it reported it was available, and changed it okay. I restarted CDMA workshop. It was set to COM1. I clicked "Connect" - it connected okay. I clicked "Read," and after a delay it reported "phone failed to answer" and mentioned the mode was "DM mode."

Now I am struck. None of the many instruction sets I have found mention this error.

Here are the instructions I'm using:
-----------------------------------------------
Tethering the Samsung SCH-U350 (Verizon pre-paid)

1) Install the Samsung U350 drivers. (I have the one's from the guy who posted these instructions)
2) Plug in the phone via USB.
3) In the Device Manager find "Samsung Mobile Modem" or "SAMSUNG CDMA Modem" - note the COM port setting.
4) Open CDMA Workshop
5) Under COM settings (AT mode) change the port what ever port you found at the device managar
6) Now click connect. At the bottom it should say that the phone has connected successfully
7) Now you can click the read button.
8) Click on the security tab and check the password radio button
9) Enter the number- 1945081520081106 and press send
10) “Password is correct, phone unlocked” should come up
11) Press Okay
12) The SPC/User Lock field : (RECORD THIS NUMBER!!!!!!)
13) Change the service programing code to 000000 (6 Zeros)
14) Close CDMA Workshop
15) Install Samsung PST.
16) Run the installer for the SamsungPSTU350 Dll (I have this file from the author)
17) Run samsung pst
18) Now you should see a red phone to the left. It may or may not look like your phone but it is the correct file.
19) Now double click on SCH-U350. Click the settings tab. Press the "select all" button then the "read from phone" button.
20) If it asks you for a MSL code enter the 6 Zeros
21) Now its going to take a little while and read files from the phone. You will know when its done when your phone restarts.
22) In the Feature_Settings section, select DUN and change it to 1XDUN and change hidden menu to: Enable
23) Press the Write to Phone Button and wait for it to complete
24) Now your phone is enabled for the internet. Create a dial up connection and make sure you use Samsung as the modem.
25) Use #777 as the phone number to dial. Leave the username and password blank. Once all this is done connect using the new connection you made and you should have some what high speed internet though your phone.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for any help.