Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default Sanyo Zio Not Recognizing Cricket Network

I just recovered from a serious error that occured in my Cricket Sanyo Zio. I was attempting to restart it when it got stuck on the Kyocera boot screen and did nothing else. I panicked and found out that if you just hold the power button with the volume up it will reboot as normal. Well it did and the only issue now is that it says I'm not on Crickets cellular network. I try to dial out and I get Verizon prompting me to make a collect call. I have no idea what is wrong with my phone but I've tried to do a factory reset and it just goes back to the Kyocera boot screen and does nothing else. If I just reboot it without the factory reset request it reboots as normal and then proceeds to say I am roaming and no longer on Crickets network. Any tips and insight would be amazing. Thanks for reading!

BABY NEWB

Look under setting and see if it as an esn or its all zero out. Have you try *228 send the phone to see if it goes to cricket programing?

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

if that doesnt work tyr *22804,this is commonly used for sprint or uscellular branded phones,and will force stubborn phones to take the .prl

BABY NEWB

The *22804 should work. Then if everthing works fine you are good to go if not just *228 it after it is on cricket and it should set your settings back to cricket. Your esn shouldn't be all zeroed out if you are getting verizons prompt.

I have had that same thing happen to other phones and thats all it took to fix it. If neither of those work you may have to manually load the prl on to it or take it to a corporate cricket store and make them fix it for you.
    hmmm what to flash what to flash......
    iPhone ----->>> The "Smartphone" for dummies

Newb

hey thanks I tried *22804 and it just said OTASP STATUS MESSAGE: SPL unlocked while a voice from verizon gave me options for a representative in the call. I'm completely stumped. I took it into cricket today and they didnt know either and told me to come back "when Jose is here because he knows about these phones". So far its an unsolved mystery but I appreciate your suggestion!

Newb

thanks I'll try that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast