Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Apprentice

Default LG UX840 unlockable??

Hi guys,

I want to buy a used LG UX840 Tritan. I found several on ebay but they were mostly locked to US Cellular.

Is there a possibility to unlock the Tritan so that I can use it with Verizon??

Thank you.

Greetings,
    testu

Apprentice

Doable? Yes.. Simple? No. I believe even the creator of this forum had troubles with this phone. lol Search around here and google. The answer your looking for is out there. Somewhere in the vast deeps of the web.

Old Timer

When you refer to "unlockable", you are referring to a lock code for the GSM phones so you can insert your SIM card from another carrier and it works.

What you are referring to is flashing. The answer to your question is yes, you can flash that to Verizon. Now, whether or not they actually activate it is another story since Verizon didn't offer that phone. Getting it fully flashed will be fairly easy if you know the settings for Verizon and, as I said are actually willing to activate it.

I did get it figured out as far as flashing it to Cricket. However, I don't flash phones to Verizon so I have no idea if it will work.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

listen to smitty, dont waste your time as verizon wont accept any non verizon esn's other than altell.and changing of esn's or burning a new esn to a phone is a fcc violation and is highly illegal,in theory it is the same as an illegal wire tap,since when someone calls it it will ring 2 different phones. save your time and look for a clean esn phone from verizon if that is your carrier of choice.

Both Verizon and Sprint will accept foriegn r am esn's. It just takes time and alot of calls.
    Verizon is the easier of the two.

Sent from my cricKet flashed Hero using Tapatalk

Apprentice

Firstly, thank you very much for your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty68521 View Post
    When you refer to "unlockable", you are referring to a lock code for the GSM phones so you can insert your SIM card from another carrier and it works.

What you are referring to is flashing. The answer to your question is yes, you can flash that to Verizon. Now, whether or not they actually activate it is another story since Verizon didn't offer that phone. Getting it fully flashed will be fairly easy if you know the settings for Verizon and, as I said are actually willing to activate it.

Do I unterstand it right that to unlock a phone is just putting the unlock code in so that you can use the sim card from another carrier and to flash a phone is to change the lock from one carrier to another??
    Can't you use unlocked phone for every carrier or does each carrier require a phone that has their "settings"?

Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast