Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Apprentice

Default VX10k Drivers for Windows 7?

Im having a problem connecting my voyager to the pc. I've d/l the drivers from over 10 different sites and still get this:

I've heard from some ppl that this phone will not work with Windows 7, but I connected an older model VX8530R and it worked fine. Idk what to do next. Does anybody have a solution or maybe a different set of drivers thats compatible with my version of windows?

Apprentice

Okay just tried on my neighbors XP and still same problem. I think its the cable..

I think your phone has bad connector.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

do you have a 64 bit installation on your computer? i think those drivers were made for xp 32 bit,which would make them compatible with a 86 bit windows 7 installation. do you hear the phone when you plug it,i am assuming you do because it appears that your machine is recognising it from your screenshot,it has it as an unknown device,so it seems that your port is working on the phone and computer. did your freinds xp machine have the drivers and have them installed?

you can right click on unknown device then click update device driver,then browse my computer,then browse,and then scroll to wherever you installed them to select them then click next,and if compatible and installed correctly they will work,and you will have them on a com port as the correct phone.

we have one 64 bit computer at our store and it works with only about a fourth of the phone software that is on our other machines. we most of the time have to use a different computer for flashing. good luck.

Apprentice

It does read the phone but I have to wiggle the connection so I know its the charge port. Either way, I told my neighbor his phone was a p.o.s. and sold him an EnV Touch lmao I just had to get him a phone until his replacement came in the mail in a couple of days. Im sure I'll buy the phone back by tuesday for half the price I sold it for. Thanks everyone and the drivers are installed correctly, I just connected a cust. Voyager to the same comp and it worked. So it was the phone for sure.

Newb

Default Re: VX10k Drivers for Windows 7?

oh excellent