Join Today

Site Sponsor

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default An easy to follow guide for screenshots.

I looked around (not everywhere) but i looked around and did'nt see one of these tut's here for an easy way of taking screenshots. It is a valuable tool in phone flashing and makes for and easier to follow flashing guide.Also it makes getting help with a problematic phone easier here and everywhere else. I just recently took the time to educate myself on an easy way to do this,and find myself wondering why i have'nt done it sooner.not used alot in posts for whatever reason.But is simple to do.

for windows vista and higher.

Here's How:
    Click on the Start Menu and start typing "snipping" into the search box.

Snipping Tool should show up in the Programs list above the search box, and you can click on it to start it.

The Snipping Tool window will appear on your screen. You may move it to an edge of the screen so it's not in your way, but it will also disappear when you start dragging a selection area.

The Snipping Tool assumes you want to create a new clipping as soon as you open it. Your screen will dim, and you can click and drag your cursor to select an area to copy. As you drag, the selected area will be darker, and surrounded by a red border if you've never changed the Snipping Tool options.

When you release the mouse button, the captured area will open in the Snipping Tool window. If you're not happy with the selection and need to try again, click the "New" button.

When you are happy with your clipping, press the second button to save the screen shot as an image file.

Save it where you like,then use the little insert picture button above where you are writting your text and direct it to wherever you saved it to,add it, and thats it. easy huh.

hope someone gets some use out of this, i will.

dont forget to hit the thanks button
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 10-17-2010 at 12:05 AM.

I've used Total screen recorder gold in the past. I helped a user here get familiar with the operations of the forum with it. LOL!
    Also did a print screen step by step tutorial on how to connect using QPST, I think that ones linked on ppcgeeks.
    I don't use Vista so I did it the hardway and now the easy way with screen recorder. But it does come in handy when you can provide a screen shot of what's going on.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

yes there are alot of different tools out there for one to use to make these captures,just google "screenshots windows 7 "or whatever os you are using and find one thats easy and you like, the one i posted about is preinstalled on every windows vista or higher and is pretty easy to use,but the after market models like whitey is mentioning do have alot more options and are problebly more compatible with more programs that we use. thanks whitey.

Newb

If You have firefox wb, theres a nice addon that i find very use full for screenshot. the addon is called fireshot! here is a link of a quick demo of how it works! i hope it helps! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]