Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newb

Default [Moved] qpst MSL code..???

Im gonna try to lay out al the info to try to make things run smoother ...

I have a sprint 8330 blackberry flashed to Metro Pcs ...As of oct 7th of this year all flashed phones on the metro network lost there use of Web and MMS due to them changing to 4G..
    I ve gone threw many post on different forums and it seems theres a way to fix it..Droid users seem to have no problem ...So there must be a way

Most talk of changing the MSL ...Ive found a site that gives you your MSL and I have found a program called "QPST" ..In which im told I can enter the MSL into to get it on the phone ....

One problem ... Qpst doesnt recognize my phone...

Been wrestling with this phone for about a week now ..And could really use some help..

Pz

First thing make sure you have blackberry desktop manager open, then add comport to QPST.
    If someone has helped you please show your appreciation and hit the Thanks button.
    Check out our server for any GSM Unlock phone or Blackberry CDMA SPC Code
    1# Sourceunlocks.com

Newb

Great ..Its recognizing now ,Thanks !!!

But if you could help me out a little more or you know if there are any similar posts on this ,I would really appreciate it...This program is like space age rocket science to me...

Like I said its recognizing it now but I have no clue on where to input an MSL. Im not sure which part of the program Im supossed to use to do so....

Heres a pic of all that I have to choose from..

[IMG][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][/IMG]

I ve always used CDMA WS so im not entirely to skilled with working with QPST but I believe your next step from here is select QPST Configuration. Im not entirely sure.

Newb

Thanks Pac3comm1..
    Yea CDMA WAS seems to be a more popular one ..... Im havein a hard time tryin to get around in QPST ....
    I just might have to get a copy of CDMA...

again thanks for the help

Pz

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

if your phone is already flashed then someone has already got the msl (master service lock) all that does is allow you to make changes to the programming of the phone,but like i said if already flashed it should be 000000 it is possible to flash that phone and not change the spc/msl but that is kinda a rule of thumb to write zero's in place of the spc/msl that the original carrier put on the phone instead of just sending it. so i cant remember for sure but i dont think that qpst will read a blackberry. but if your gonna try open qpst configuration up then find your phone,also you must have blackberry desktop manager open as 123456& mentioned,if you dont see your phone here click add new port look at the box on the left your phone will be listed as surf and then a model but not the 8330 it will be something different if you still dont see a surf model phone,open your device manager and find it there under ports tab, there will be to ports listed that say rim, 99 percent of the time it will be the higher number port they should be consective. make a note of the port number then go back to that window you had open in qpst "add a new port" and on the right side add the nuber of the port you made a note of on the top box "port" then click ok, then that box will go away and you will want to click start clients then from the dropdown click service programming then in the new window that opens click your phone model it will be there with the port you selected then click ok now click read from phone wait a couple of minutes,your phone may go offline but it will come back so be patient. now you can go thru there and edit what you are trying to edit it should show your msl as 000000 that will give you freedom to change what you want,but be carefull not to change a bunch of fields not knowing what you are doing or you will likely lose talk and text also. i dont know much about flashing to metro, i am a cricket junkie,but if qpst will read that berry you are one step closer to your goal,but i dont think qpst will read blackberry. good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast