Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ITSa341 View Post
    Verizon may own Alltel now but they are far from partner networks. Alltel customers will never receive Verizon prl no's or be allowed to connect to the full Verizon network according to what their technicians have told me. Verizon phones are not allowed to be activated on Alltel while many sprint and other carriers phones are allowed to be. Alltel has removed numerous towers NOT replaced in my area. Verizon is basically trying to force customers to move from Alltel to Verizon and the higher charges.

Most importantly, moving threads like this may cause someone to think they can hack their phone and convert it to Verizon specs and then be able to use it on Alltel accounts....which would be incorrect and maddening to the person who does all this work only to be refused by Alltel customer support when they try to activate the phone.....I am speaking from experience.

I would agree with you on most of what you said in this post. However, to keep the forum organized, it needs to be in the Alltel/Verizon section. As with anything else that is Do it Yourself, it is the responsibility of the person wanting to do it on his or her own to do the research that is involved and find out what goes into flashing and what companies accept flashed phones and such. Cricket will accept a cardboard box with an esn on it. They don't care. As for Verizon, Sprint, etc, it is very difficult to get them to accept a flashed phone. I've heard of it being done but the person either got lucky or new someone that could/would do it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ITSa341 View Post
    Verizon may own Alltel now but they are far from partner networks. Alltel customers will never receive Verizon prl no's or be allowed to connect to the full Verizon network according to what their technicians have told me. Verizon phones are not allowed to be activated on Alltel while many sprint and other carriers phones are allowed to be. Alltel has removed numerous towers NOT replaced in my area. Verizon is basically trying to force customers to move from Alltel to Verizon and the higher charges.

Most importantly, moving threads like this may cause someone to think they can hack their phone and convert it to Verizon specs and then be able to use it on Alltel accounts....which would be incorrect and maddening to the person who does all this work only to be refused by Alltel customer support when they try to activate the phone.....I am speaking from experience.
    In the future feel free to give a shout and ask for a new forum/sub forum. But your post has caught my attention and others now as for what tech support says about no VZW on Alltel is a lie, I've helped people write alltel setting to Verizon Touch Pro's and then it took time sometimes weeks and once even a month to get Alltel to accept the foreign ESN but it happened. As for connecting to VZW this depends on market I believe, because Verizon was not the only buyer in the game "just the biggest" Element mobile and AT&T were also involved.

To my knowledge and experience Alltel will take on any device from any carrier that they currently or previously had in their lineup of devices and some they don't or have not had.
    Examples
    HTC Touch Pro
    TP2
    Touch
    Diamond
    Most RIM
    most Feature phones
    and I've seen them even accept Sprint phones from people saying they're an old Alltel model.

But for the fact that Alltel is still operating as Alltel in some area and not as a VZW MVNO it does deserve it's own forum for now. And your thread and post are first in it.

Congratulations!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12