Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Thank you, bigsupersquid!

From your post it sounds to me like my goal is hopeless.

I want to get rid of the bloatware and get to my most-used applications in one touch. Dream on.

Anyone with a VM Rumor Touch knows that to get to Opera Mini or email takes:
1. Press the home button
2. Touch Main Menu
3. Touch My Stuff
4. Touch Applications
5. Touch Opera Mini or Email + IM
5a. For email, also scroll past a few pages to the bottom of the bloatware then press IMAP/POP Email.

From a security standpoint, if I use IMAP/POP Email, that email is stored on my phone. If I lose my phone, I would like to keep my email private. For privacy, I use my own server instead of Gmail (it seems Google wants to gather everything it can about everyone on the planet). I haven't found a way to lock the phone so that a code is required to access the email. Anyone who picks up my phone can not only read my email but also send email as thought they were me.

Why would anyone want to buy this phone, even as a toy? The $25.00 unlimited data plan is attractive. The phone is repulsive.

Thank you for all of your work, bigsupersquid, to show me that restructuring the menus seems to be hopeless.

Anyone know of a way to lock this phone?
NO YOU DON'T!!!

on the first page hit the add button.
then that will take you to the add options, go down to the MY STUFF(do not check it but click it) that will take you to MY STUFF page... no go to the applications find opera mini and add it...

tadaaa!!!!! opera mini is now on your first page.