Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Apprentice

Default For real this time! .jar/.jad downloader!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsupersquid View Post
    Too bad my downloader project went flop because of the service provider network proxy's limitations...
    MUAHAHAHAHA!
    I'VE DONE IT!
    now you, too, can download .jar/.jad files direct to your RT with OperaMini 5.1
    follow the instructions on my upgraded hubpages link in the next post.
    A new app to download .jars using this technology from the Jar-URL in a .jad is the next unimplemented step. I fear that I might charge a pittance to register as a user for such an app, but my existing solution is free unless you want to help me pay the hosting company with a donation! I'm afraid that at some point my free webhosting is going to be shut down due to traffic, so eventually I'll have to upgrade to paid hosting, at $5/month. I can't afford that just to provide a public service, so users with money hafta cough up something on that donate link (on the hubpages site or on the tool site itself) or this is going to be kaput eventually. For now, though, FREE! Yay!
    Once the webhost decides I'm abusing server power or bandwidth and shuts me down, I'll post up the source code for the site so everyone who wants can have their own. 'Till then, enjoy.
    Last edited by bigsupersquid; 01-25-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Apprentice

Cool Link to .jar/.jad download tool and instructions

the hub with instructions:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Posted via Mobile Device

edit:
    or, go straight to my tool, the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    there are instructions on-site.
    Last edited by bigsupersquid; 01-25-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Newb

Default Re: Link to .jar/.jad download tool and instructions

you guys are awesome, thank you so much for all your hard word. i got this phone on black friday but just activated it less than a month ago. i really like this phone but as you know it needs some personalization. with your help and guidance it can be the best non smart phone out there ( and the plan price just makes it sooooo much sweeter)

Apprentice

Default Viewing animated .gifs on the LG VM510 Rumor Touch

I don't know if this kind of thing matters to anyone but me, but I class it as a trick or tip.
    On the RT animated .gifs won't animate in Opera Mini, and they only work in Netfront when loaded directly by URL... just being included on a page doesn't guarantee the .gif will animate.
    And, to add insult to injury, the network gateway crunches animated .gifs larger than 172x172 down to that resolution and a single frame, even if loaded directly by URL or through a normal downloader (Opera Mini will download the entire .gif even if over 172x172 but they have their own proxy and you still can't watch it animate in the browser.)
    So, if you want to view animated .gifs on the RT use Netfront, and load the URL for the image directly.
    Also the FileConfusicator is 'upgraded' slightly, you can now specify (or remove) the extra file extension which it applies to downloads.
    If you open an image file from a URL with Netfront through the FileConfusicator with no extra extension (blank that textbox out,) it will display the full-size image rather than the gateway-crushed version; .gif animations will display full-size as well, rather than being limited to lo-res animated .gifs

Newb

Default Re: LG VM510 filesystem innards, tricks, and treats

bigsupersquid:

You might want to remove the copy of your filesystem or go in and delete the t9 database and all of the sms text threads. It's very easy to see what you have been saying and to whom and their phone numbers if you know how. You might have other data in there you wouldn't want people to see. Just thought I'd say something.

Apprentice

Default Re: LG VM510 filesystem innards, tricks, and treats

Quote Originally Posted by urabewe View Post
    bigsupersquid:

You might want to remove the copy of your filesystem or go in and delete the t9 database and all of the sms text threads. It's very easy to see what you have been saying and to whom and their phone numbers if you know how. You might have other data in there you wouldn't want people to see. Just thought I'd say something.
    you know, I thought I'd done that already. Teach me to think I remember everything.
    It's served its purpose now anyway, hopefully there aren't too many clones of it running around :P

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast