Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Apprentice

Default help me with a name for my web!

hello ma name is eddy.. and im trying to make me a web about android phones.. thsi one is gonna be a spanish website.. so is no gonna be any competition for cdma gurus.. (cool web btw) well can any one of you help me out on getting a name for my web thank you

Mr._Administrator Mr._Pseudonym's Avatar

;^) To tell the truth, the best name we could come up with is already taken; CDMA Gurus!

:^/ Actually, what's much more important than what your site is called is how it is run. It's been said that if one doesn't know what a program will do, one shouldn't write it. Well, the same is true for a web site. Concentrate more on what the site will be about, both what will be included and what will not, and on how everything will be laid out to make it easily findable, and so on.

Still want suggestions for a catchy name? Since it'll be a Spanish language site, how about including Spanish words for telephone, or cell phone in the name? If you'll cover hacking, try including Bandito, or similar. Also, rhymes, alliteration, meter and so on are useful.

;^) Good luck, amigo!

:^/°º(Saaaay, how about "The Bandito's Amigos?" Naw, it doesn't include cellophones....)

[Edit]
    :^/ How does one answer the phone in Spanish? Hola? How about calling your site "Hola Hola," then a subtitle about cell phone hacking, etc.....
    Last edited by Mr._Pseudonym; 10-03-2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: ;^) Had another idea....
    Official CricKet Mafia member

Apprentice

i got a name i will calle it idroidberry (iphone android blackberry) well i got the domain wut do u think about it?
    Last edited by -eros-; 10-03-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Old Timer

If that works for ya, go for it. But as Pseudo said, many times people worry more about the name of their business or website than about the substance. You can call it [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and if it has a ton of info that is useful to the public, it will get hits and will be reputable.

My advice would be to do a little bit of research and see what the other successful sites do and how they operate. And that way you have somewhat of a template to go from. Here at Gurus, our claim to fame is being polite to the members and finding answers when we can to their questions. You will find yours as well.

Good luck

Using the names you have chosen might look good, but could also get you a nice letter from RIM's lawyers for copyright and trademark infringement. Not really sure how they perceive it. With carriers like cricket wireless if you have a website with cricket in the name and it has to do with cell phones, they sick their lawyers on you.
    So when choosing a name make sure it's not in any violations of some thin lined law.

Cdma amigos & associates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast