Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newb

Unhappy Repair ESN Motorola Devour

Hi all,

I was looking to see if there was a way to repair the ESN/MEID on my new Motorola Devour. It seems to have got all messed up when I was rooting and messing with the phone.

Is there even a way to do this, or am I just screwed? I (sadly) voided the warranty by rooting, so I can't just go get another one.

It seems as though it's just my luck that Motorola phones are the hardest to repair :/

Thanks in advance for your time, knowledge, and assistance.

I have not seen a solution for this nor do i think there will be one. Usually with motorola devices you have to have a smart clip box or a repair device of that nature to do such. From what Ive seen they are pretty expensive especially if you are only repairing one device.

wont the monsterfile fix this?

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by Pac3comm1 View Post
    I have not seen a solution for this nor do i think there will be one. Usually with motorola devices you have to have a smart clip box or a repair device of that nature to do such. From what Ive seen they are pretty expensive especially if you are only repairing one device.
    Ah. I figured as much.

Well, I am kind of interested in learning about cell phones, as they are rather prevalent in today's society. It was actually the reason I was messing with the thing in the first place.

Is there a "smart clip" device that supports the Devour A555? It seems if i really want to get into this kind of thing I'm going to need one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked Johnson View Post
    wont the monsterfile fix this?
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what exactly is a "monster file"? From reading around the forum, it looks as if it's a firmware file. Is a "monster file" customized to allow for different types of functionalities or something?

Old Timer

Nope. A monster file is simply a Motorola Bin file. It is created by the carrier for a specific Motorola Phone.

Motorolas are the only phones that have Monster files.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is a link that will tell you more about the basics of flashing as well as answer a lot of questions.

Welcome to Gurus.

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by smitty68521 View Post
    Nope. A monster file is simply a Motorola Bin file. It is created by the carrier for a specific Motorola Phone.

Motorolas are the only phones that have Monster files.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is a link that will tell you more about the basics of flashing as well as answer a lot of questions.

Welcome to Gurus.
    Thank you very much for the pointers!

It does seem that I need some sort of hardware for what I want to do. Where can I start looking for that? The Smart-Clip doesn't have *documented* support for the phone :/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast