Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newb

Default Re: Repair ESN Motorola Devour

I too am (as we speak) trying to "repair" my meid/esn on my cousin's a555 devour! These are some things that i have tried to do with cdma ws and ***. 1st, theres a file that has the meid written on it called pvmeid and you have to be rooted and use a file browser like root explorer to find it. Now i dont know if you would have to delete that file of modify it with your new meid. 2nd, i have read the ram with *** and found that the ESN was in these locations.
    0F4A:3A18
    0F4BAA8
    0F48:CDA4
    0F60:A9C8
    0F6A:FC9C
    0F97:E16C
    0FA0:3D64
    0FA0:41B0
    0FA0:A748
    0FA0:3E3C
    0FA2:2D7C
    0FB0:1354
    You could scan again (like i'm doing right now) and probably find even more locations! The MEID was found at these locations.
    0FA0:A4F0
    0FA0:41F7
    0FBC:1AC7
    0FBC:AC37
    3rd, you could take the :'s out of the adresses and add 0x to the front of them, and use qxdm's memory viewer to find and modify your meid and esn. I'm pretty sure there are more locations. I've been just zeroing out these, and then rescaning to find more. This'll probably take forever using ***, and IMHO, I think *** more thoughly scan ram. Plus, this link -> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- proves that not all motos are locked. So if anyone here wants to help me find more locations to zero out or modify, we could probably get something going here! So let's get it! I'll post back more locations as i find them, but it would be a lot easier if more people helped out as *** takes a very long time to scan memory. Good luck to all of us. I am also trying to repair the numbers on the Samsung Precedent which shows nothing but zeros on ram scans.

BABY NEWB
    Mobile Files Advisor

Quote Originally Posted by maclos View Post
    I too am (as we speak) trying to "repair" my meid/esn on my cousin's a555 devour! These are some things that i have tried to do with cdma ws and ***. 1st, theres a file that has the meid written on it called pvmeid and you have to be rooted and use a file browser like root explorer to find it. Now i dont know if you would have to delete that file of modify it with your new meid. 2nd, i have read the ram with *** and found that the ESN was in these locations.
    0F4A:3A18
    0F4BAA8
    0F48:CDA4
    0F60:A9C8
    0F6A:FC9C
    0F97:E16C
    0FA0:3D64
    0FA0:A748
    0FA0:3E3C
    0FA2:2D7C
    0FB0:1354
    You could scan again (like i'm doing right now) and probably find even more locations! The MEID was found at these locations.
    0FA0:A4F0
    0FA0:41F7
    0FBC:1AC7
    0FBC:AC37
    3rd, you could take the :'s out of the adresses and add 0x to the front of them, and use qxdm's memory viewer to find and modify your meid and esn. I'm pretty sure there are more locations. I've been just zeroing out these, and then rescaning to find more. This'll probably take forever using ***, and IMHO, I think *** more thoughly scan ram. Plus, this link -> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- proves that not all motos are locked. So if anyone here wants to help me find more locations to zero out or modify, we could probably get something going here! So let's get it! I'll post back more locations as i find them, but it would be a lot easier if more people helped out as *** takes a very long time to scan memory. Good luck to all of us. I am also trying to repair the numbers on the Samsung Precedent which shows nothing but zeros on ram scans.
    Just to forewarn you, the Devour may very likely be the one Droid that you won't be able to do this on. The reason I come to this conclusion is when you flash it, you will notice that it simply has a RAMloader and CG2 not all the different ones like other Droids. This imfers to me that they are using the same technique as their standard phones which will make a repair impossible without patching the firmware like boxes do or wiping the OTP and rewriting it which is beyond our ability at present. I hope I am mistaken for you sake, but I seriously doubt that I am.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

when this thread started (way back when) this subject was ok for discussion,however alot has happened since then,we have had cease and decist papers served as well as fines for this same content and now today this subject is not allowed (thank you fcc).

this thread somehow slipped thru the cracks when we were removing them from the site.

so i am sorry to say thread closed!
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123