Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default Droid 2 Simple Talk and Text flash to cricket

Hey guys,

Trying to do a little contributing, thought I would let everyone know something I found with the Droid2 when trying to flash to cricket, it will help you skip allot of steps in some other tutorials..

With the droid 2 in factory default settings, meaning comepletly reset and not activated on any network yet, get past initial droid set up screen by touching the four corners of the screen, starting upper left and go clockwise..

after you are past that skip over the setup and get to your home screen, open your dialer and dial *22804 and send, this will write a cricket prl and your nam to phone..

talk and regular text will work perfectly.. on my phone it downloaded PRL 32100 on the Droid 2 which is set up in crickets system as the (Sanyo M6000), on my actual cricket android device (Sanyo M6000) it has PRL 42100.. they are both on the 60Z android plan.

After this, I wrote 42100 prl to the phone with cdma workshop... wrote NV items from whiterabbit.org with cdma workshop

used QPST to write username and pass in the PPP tab

user name = [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    pass = cricket

thats it, nice and easy and you have full talk/text/web/gps

I am working on mms right now, not a huge priorty since I just send all my pics etc.. through my email address which works fine.

So while I cant say its a full flash solution, it does everything I need it to do

p.s. after you program with *22804 you can start using just the base *228 without a problem.. if you try just the 228 first it will just try to activate on verizon instead of cricket
    Last edited by Denver; 09-30-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Spelling, and some info added

And if you want to know how to do wap and MMS come over to my thread.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Superb Hijack!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Wrecked Johnson; 09-26-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Added link

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked Johnson View Post
    And if you want to know how to do wap and MMS come over to my thread.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Superb Hijack!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wish I could without cdma workshop I am out of luck getting NV items to write, been searching for 4 days and cant find anything else to use to do this.

I really wish you could buy like a 1 hour key for cdma workshop, so I could get this done

Talk to someone around here that might be local to you and see if they might be willing to let you use their WS to write your NV Items.

Try using WS 2.7. You can do it, I used it for over a yr before I found a good deal on 3.5 now 3.6.

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    Try using WS 2.7. You can do it, I used it for over a yr before I found a good deal on 3.5 now 3.6.
    is 2.7 out there for free? only versions I have found were riddled with viruses... I even tried getting out and old computer and using the demo version, but it wont let you send spc to phone, so cant write the nv items or prl with demo. When I get the money I plan on getting the full registered version so I can do flashes for the knoxville area, only place I know of around here that does it charges way to much, and they have never done a droid2. They say if I want to bring it in they can "look" at it to see what they can do.. but I am not going to teach someone to flash my phone and then pay them for it...

Ill keep looking for 2.7 though, thanks for the help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast