Join Today

Site Sponsor

Threaded View

Newb

Default How or is there a way to downgrade webos on the palm pre

Hey guys this is my first post and probably going to get flamed for not posting in the right section or maybe this was posted somewhere and already answered but I tried looking for hours with no luck and I really had a hard time navigating this site.

My user name is noob and that is what i am so please take it easy on me. I have flashed a couple phones to cricket(lg rumor 2, and samsung rant) but only the basic flash as I dont believe that these phones will take a full flash or at least no roms to use.

Anyway I have 5 palm pre s and 4 palm pre plus '. Problem is all of them are restored to the activation screen and I cannot get into use any of them. I tried the qinray rom with no luck it just goes to a screen that says "unable to restore the phone" or something like that.

I am lost and frustrated with this things as I have no idea what to do next. So I thought maybe they put a lock on this in the newer firmware and downgrading webos might allow me to use the bypass rom would be the only way to do it. So anybody have any insight on this? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by noob; 10-01-2010 at 02:22 PM.