77 73.33%
  • Whatever..

17 16.19%
  • FAIL!!!

11 10.48%
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Newb

Great information!

I struggled a bit with the LG Download program <<Not Responding>>. Changing the sequence a bit made it easier.

Begin by performing Method 1 of step 10 in post #1. I found it easier to follow Cannon's suggestion (post #14) and renamed a random 500K file to .mp3. Then I copied it into a blank directory on my computer. Then I multiple copied and pasted it several times until I got about ten copies with automatically progressive names. Then I "Select All" copy, paste, select all, copy, paste, etc (each select all, copy, paste doubles the number of files in the folder) until I had about 200 copies (which goes fast). Then I copied those 200 files to the LG phone. Perform a trial run on the phone's media player. Time how long it takes to finish initializing. You need at least a minute. Add more .mp3s if necessary.

Now do steps 1 and 2 in post #1. The LG Download program wants to see the device drivers already installed, I think. To make it happy, start the media player on your phone and connect the USB cable while it is initializing. Four USB drivers will load. After you have confirmation that the USB drivers have loaded, unplug the USB cable (while the media player is still initializing).

Now you can do steps 3 through 8. If you reboot the computer you will have to repeat the above paragraph after any reboot.

Now you are ready for steps 10 through 13. When LG Download shows me what I want, I press the PrintScreen key on my computer to save the display (backup copy) to the clipboard. Later, I can paste it into Paint if the information I want somehow disappears from the LG Download screen.

That is what I remember about what I did. You might have to adjust the procedure to your tastes. Having the four USB drivers loaded before trying to run LG Download made the whole process much simpler for me.

Have fun.

And A Huge Thanks to Crogon!
    Last edited by Sparky; 10-02-2010 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Typo correction

Newb

Here is a bit of inspiration for anyone who speaks java ...

When I loaded Books from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and ran it, I see the following directories in "Open File":
    + MemoryCard/
    + shared/
    + fs/
    + Dcam_Review/

which sort of implies that the bottom three are not on the card which further implies they might be on the phone device.

Alas, Books reports only the TXT files it sees, but a fluent Java speaker might ...

Apprentice

I'll have to look into that, I THINK 'shared' and 'Dcam_Review' are hotlinks to their respective folders the the 'fs' folder, but it could prove interesting. I've tryed a couple of java file managers and didn't see that, so it could be a good find! Thanks so much!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Crogon View Post
    ...bigsupersquid - Good stuff!! I would LOVE to see a thread about all the new stuff you've discovered! If you are taking the time to back up all of your folders, you might want to look into the hidden folder issue. I'm not quite sure if anyone has solved that yet or not. I keep dishing out the info I've got at hand, but not too many people report back what they've discovered. I would LOVE to get my hands on a copy of the complete file system, if you're taking the time to back it all up.
    I'll upload the accessible parts of the filesystem (fresh from the ##rtn# <reset default>, except I deleted all the trial games and loaded in resistor calc and scribpad before backing up) to rapidshare or something when I've got more time, maybe later tonight. It took a couple hours to back up because bitpim won't back up folders containing other folders on this phone (think it's got something to do with the driver, using the lgvx9200 setting to access the filesystem currently,) so you have to start at the inside and work out in folder trees. ugh. it's complete as it gets, though.
    the inaccessible parts of the FS are locked tight just like on my old Palm Centro. qpst shows those folders with a red circle/slash on 'em and no software I've got will open them.
    the only real progress I've made is:
    found a character set
    figured out how to get visible icons on the menus for new java
    and, my favorite, replaced the built-in software I don't want to open by accident (butterfingers syndrome) and won't ever use with innocuous software I like. The only shortcoming yet is that the original names are still on the menu, but the icons are replaceable to hint at the real programs under the false names.
    This gets rid of the 'social networking' crud and the costly VM Navigator&Contact Vault stuff. I'd rather have straight up deleted all that, but deleting without replacing causes lockups and reboots of the phone when you try to open the non-existent softwares. Better to replace it.
    I'll put up a new thread later when I get the upload done.
    <edit> ok, the new thread is at:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    and, in keeping with the theme of this thread, if anyone wants to try dodging the step of installing and using the LG Mobile Support Tool to get the driver, I captured the vm510 driver when it downloaded for installation. here it is:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by bigsupersquid; 10-06-2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: added info and links, fixed typos

Newb

I've searched everywhere for Lg Download Pro 1.6 (or any version available) and all of the links have been deadends. I have everything necessary dl'd except this software. Does anyone know where it can currently be found?

Quote Originally Posted by lessthansix View Post
    I've searched everywhere for Lg Download Pro 1.6 (or any version available) and all of the links have been deadends. I have everything necessary dl'd except this software. Does anyone know where it can currently be found?
    There is a working link in post 1 step 2 of this thread. I just tested it and it is a fully functional link.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast