77 73.33%
  • Whatever..

17 16.19%
  • FAIL!!!

11 10.48%
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Newb

Ok,

I finally got a uploading account on mediafire.

This is a link to the "Remote Access Diagnostic Report" generate as the RT tried and failed to tether via windows7:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

what other boards will be able to do anything with this information? Howard Forums is the only one that comes to mind.

Newb

Default Can I just copy this?

I've just found this site [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], could I just borrow the technical
    data from the web site or do I need some kind of permission?. I'm writing a project for school.

Ethan

Newb

I think I am doing something wrong. I can get the phone to stall as described, but before I can download, the phone resets. I essentially am getting to step 13a. Is there any help anyone can offer? I have tried this process about 40 times, so, I think I'm getting pretty good at it.
    -Mike

**edit** scratch that... just cracked it!!! Thanks to Crogon for the thread and Captain Kirks pdf file. both mine and my wife's phones are now accessible.
    Last edited by sharpe351; 12-07-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: found a way!!

Newb

Thanks bro!!! I just unlocked my phone.. Your Awesome!!!!!

Newb

If this works, I will be so freakin happy! >.> I just recently got my phone and I have been rinniing into alot of the "unlock code" for my phone,...

Apprentice

I am so glad everyone is getting through this and making it work!

Sorry I can't help you figure out how to tether it. Obviously once you've got it this far, it shouldn't be too hard. Here's what I would suggest:

1) Read up on all things VM, RT and tether related (well.. this last year or two). This will give you a concept of the hows and why's. I can tell you right now that you're missing the big picture. For one, you can FTP over bluetooth, it's been done. I think the program is called BlueFTP or something like that, you just put it on the phone and it works. So, read up first, so you aren't making silly mistakes.

2) Start a new thread, ask questions and pick peoples brains. The vast majority of people who MIGHT be able to help you figure this out are NOT looking in this thread. Start a new one with a good clear title asking for help, and maybe you'll get it. Be sure you are crystal clear on the concepts if people start asking you stuff (see step 1).

3) Dig around and don't give up. About a dozen guys got part of the way there to unlocking this phone. I read everything I could find, figured out everything that didn't work and why, figured what should work, then planned a way to do it. After a lot of hard work and trial and error, I finally got from point A to point B and unlocked the phone. Then I reset it a couple of times to make sure it worked from ground zero, then did it a couple of more times to write out all the steps as clear as possible, for you guys to follow.

Best of luck! I'm certain it can be done, it's simply a matter of putting the pieces together, and having the determination to see it through.

EDIT: Yep, BlueFTP: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by Crogon; 12-15-2010 at 02:07 AM.