• This ROXORZ!!!

77 73.33%
  • Whatever..

17 16.19%
  • FAIL!!!

11 10.48%
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

In other news, I got my first donation! Woo-Hoo!! Every little bit helps, so thanks so much!

Newb

thannks great works

Newb

Default Thanks Man

Keep up the Good work! Cant wait to try this out, and it will sure be great being able to use my phone as a modem.
    -Thanks again

Newb

Thanks for sharing the vmtouch.com link. It has alot of great stuff and links.

Newb

thank you so much for the contribution u did to our community

Apprentice

Cool Thanks!

Well, worked great for me.
    Actually, thanks so much to Crogon, if not for having filesystem access available on this beast I wouldn't have bought it!
    I followed his instructions from the beginning of the thread as follows:
    step 1 no prob, I also captured the driver "LGUSBModemDriver_WHQL_Eng_Ver_4.9.7_All_Win7. exe" after it was downloaded by the LGMobile support Tool... i'd attach it here but i can't figure out how to attach files other than sound or pics. Tell me how and i'll post it. With the driver itself, no need for the support tool! Saves a bit of time.
    did step 2, then skipped to step 5 (just couldn't wait for password required for step 3 even though i'd like the full set of DLLs)
    did steps 6,7,8. skipped step 9.
    for step 10:
    I used the pdf from this post #20 in this thread [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to 'freeze' the phone. Put it in eBooks folder in root of my SD card. opened the file with built-in doc viewer, and POOF! apparent phone lockup, ports exposed.
    steps 11-14 went flawlessly. LGDownload pulls SPC on first try. Beautiful!
    then step 16 works fine as well. Loving it!
    Only had the phone a day and i already whacked the phone filesystem once with bitpim (using lg9100 as phone) and had to do a ##rtn# full reset to the phone to get critical files restored (it copies everything back to the internal memory from the ROM [or NVRAM now, i guess] on a hard reset).
    I had cleared the wrong files out trying to get the phone to rebuild its program list (my other cell handsets i've messed with would all rebuild their menus after deleting the file[s] which held the apps info) after deleting out the stupid 'social networking' stuff and the things that cost money to use (contact vault, navigator). They deleted all right, but their selection buttons remained (pressing those buttons would reboot the phone,) and trying to get rid of those messed up my phone on the first try. No longer were JAD files recognized as installable! eek. turns out bitpim won't save a whole tree from this thing, just individual folders which don't contain other folders. so, i'm now backing up my restored filesystem by hand, one folder at a time, through bitpim, before i go hacking around more (which I certainly will be doing!!!)
    Anyway, i'm into it now up to my elbows, and thanks again Crogon for this LOVELY tutorial!
    I'll add info here on CDMAgurus as I figure it out. Someone point me to the right thread, or I can start a new one if neccesary (don't wanna clutter up the forum, though.) For instance, if you wanna look at the java progs built in the phone (and the ones you've installed manually or ..shudder.. bought OTA from VMobile as well,) they're under /ams/[10-21] folders using bitpim (or QPST or whatever.) open the JAR archive for one of the built-in apps with something like 7zip [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) after extracting one of those numbered folders to your computer and you can see the required size for icons and tons more info, and the JAD's for the built-ins contain the required permisson lines to access the network, &etc.
    Fun, fun, fun!

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast