• This ROXORZ!!!

77 73.33%
  • Whatever..

17 16.19%
  • FAIL!!!

11 10.48%
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: How to Unlock the LG Rumor Touch - VM510 from Virgin Mobile (possibly others)

funciona todavia donde esta la descarga?

Newb

Default Re: How to Unlock the LG Rumor Touch - VM510 from Virgin Mobile (possibly others)

Does this work with UsCellular one?

Newb

Okay, I read through as much of this thread as I could, but didn't find anything to shed light on an aspect of this that remains unclear to me.

I have an LG LN510 Rumor Touch, branded for Sprint. What I would like to do is unlock it for use with Virgin Mobile.

I followed the steps in the tutorial but was unable to time out my phone at all. I decided to give CDMA Workshop a try.
    I simply connected my phone to the PC in modem mode, synced the baud rate in CDMA Workshop as well as the Device Manager, connected to the port, and (under the security tab) tried the LG Method for reading the SPC code.

It worked and gave me a 6 digit code immediately.. Then I did the SPC Send to send the code to the phone. It then reported:
    Code Accepted. Phone is unlocked.

After this, the phone would not get a signal at all. I rebooted the phone, and it says "Entering Sprint service area".
    I am not sure if I will have to try to unlock it again, or how that all works.. for instance, will I need to upload a compatible Virgin Mobile PRL to the phone in order to call them to have them activate it on their network, or will the Sprint one work?

Basically I dont understand how you go from "unlocked" to "lets go activate this phone with another carrier". Is there a critical middle component I am unaware of? TIA.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

check out that link it will help. you should first have the phone put on your account with vm to be sure you can get it on there.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Thank you sir! Some dots have definitely been connected upstairs.
    It appears there was a VERY critical middle component(s) which I was missing lol.

I found that I can reprogram the MIN and MDN of the Rumor Touch by keying ##SPCSPC# on the phone (substituting SPCSPC for you actual 6 digit code of course). So with that taken care of, all I need now is to locate a valid Virgin Mobile PRL file and SID code, and get those onto the phone. And of course, give Virgin Mobile a call and see if I can't get someone to add a foreign ESN to their network. Which, yes, I should probably do that before I flash the PRL etc, that way if they say no, I can go through Cricket, as I've read they are very happy to do so.

But I did wonder if it would be possible to take an active Virgin Mobile phone, copy its PRL, SID code, ESN, MDR, MIN, etc... and flash it all to another phone, and have the new one work with no problems? Assuming of course that you either destroy the old phone or change its values, as I think that could be considered phone cloning, which is illegal if I'm not mistaken.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

it is possible to do it but that is against forum rules to discuss anywhere here but the premium forums.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here