Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: FULL Blackberry on Cricket (working apps)

Thank you for changing my plan Rich!

Newb

Hmmm. Ok. Now that I've had the time to test out my phone carefully. Only half of the applications work. Dropbox, Google Maps and Gmail are among the ones that don't work. They all downloaded OTA just fine, but then complain that they don't have data.
    I deleted them, pulled the battery, installed them again, set all permissions to allow, pulled again, without any change in the result.

I'm using the service books that came with my phone. I bought it online already flashed. They are the insaincain to0InSaNE (newcricketedit) books. I looked at the other books posted in the sticky'd service collection thread on this forum using Magic Berry, they all seem to be identical.

Rich. You suggested I start with the cortez or stock service books instead? I did a google search for 'tony cortez blackberry cricket service books' and variations therein and haven't turned up anything. Any suggestions what to do next?

(Oh. Also. this forum is AWESOME!)

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

tony's books are not freeware that is why you cant find them. download google from google,and dont use the sprint or verizon apps,as they at some point will require a sprint or verizon password.dl'ing them from google will get you generic apps not assc. with a specific carrier. also we can change yer plan to the 55dollar plan and see what that does for you,at the very least you will have speed that you dont have now.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

I keep seeing people say to switch to the android plan for a berry. Could someone explain how android data works on aberry? Just seems counter intuitive.

I usuallg set it up in CID as "cpe blackberry" and put it on the blackberry plan, which is the same price as the android plan now.
    I have never had a problem with this method. Also, I am using the official cricket service books.

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away, using Tapatalk Pro

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

the android plan (which works for any smartphone) it is a different,much faster server,that will allow the user enough speed to stream video,also for allow access to the android market, the blackberry plan is just the plain old super slow"junkie"cricket server that doesnt have enough speed to get out of its own way...lol..
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

I say close this thread and open a new one, these new people are getting out of hand on this.I believe the original intent of this thread was just to say "Android Plan + blackberrry =apps" that's it. Not trying to be rude or anything

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast