Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Apprentice

Exclamation [SOLVED] Unlock Virgin Mobile Rumor Touch - LG VM510

I'm seriously about ready to start pulling out my hair. Pulling this kind of crap on a consumer is shameless, someone should start a class action lawsuit against LG. They claim they don't have the unlock codes for this phone, and LG claims their contract prohibits them from giving them out.

Ok, so after two days of screaming at Virgin Mobile and LG on the phone, and two more days of lurking around this forum, umpteen downloads and a virus scare.. I'm throwing my hands up in the air.

I've figured out that I can keep my modem port open for around a minute by opening a pdf file of the world map and zooming in on it. I've figured out a bunch of programs that do NOT give me my IMEI or SPC code, or whatever the hell it is I need to type in after I type in the command ##ports# to keep my modem port open.

I need some step by step instructions, preferably with links (that I can actually open) that will help me get to this point. IE: either dig the SPC code out of the NV RAM, or get the IMEI with a decoder program thingy that will correctly decode it.

Once I get that far, THEN I can REALLY dive in and try to brick my phone using bitpim and etc.

Thanks so much for any and all help!

p.s. Someone really should fix it so we can search and tag things using 'LG'
    Last edited by Crogon; 09-09-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Wow well welcome to the forums I see you joined this month. Why dont you try asking someone who has posted somethings and tutorials in the LG section? Thanks for the constructive criticism I will fix the search and tagging of things using "LG" today ;-)

Apprentice

Wow, Awesome, thanks so much!!

Maybe I'm not quite navigating the forum right.. I thought this was the General Discussion area for LG. Hmm.. if there is a better area, can you provide me a link to it? Perhaps my answer is already there, and I just haven't found it yet.

EDIT: I clicked the thanks buttons, apparently they don't like me. :P Could I get a thanks for making a valid suggestion?
    Last edited by Crogon; 09-06-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Thread moved to other carrier general discussions

Please familiarize yourself with the posted rules.

Apprentice

Well.. I know I'm new here, but seeing as how 3-4 different carriers (that -I- know of) carry the Rumor Touch, I figured it would be best listed under LG. The Sprint and Virgin Mobile versions are virtually identical. I will defer to your better judgment if you believe it belongs here though.

I did review the forum rules. I must be missing something. Could you provide me a link of what you are referring to? Thanks so much!

..Incidentally, can anyone provide any help with my initial problem? Thanks so much for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Crogon View Post
    Well.. I know I'm new here, but seeing as how 3-4 different carriers (that -I- know of) carry the Rumor Touch, I figured it would be best listed under LG. The Sprint and Virgin Mobile versions are virtually identical. I will defer to your better judgment if you believe it belongs here though.

I did review the forum rules. I must be missing something. Could you provide me a link of what you are referring to? Thanks so much!

..Incidentally, can anyone provide any help with my initial problem? Thanks so much for any help!
    Well as you titled this thread you started as Help-Unlock Virgin Mobile Touch-LG VM510, that is why I moved it to the other carrier general discussions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum rules
    7) Stay on topic and post in the correct forums
    No thread Hijacking!
    Use the search feature!
    Post in the correct forum!
    Although I do not need to explain my actions nor should my actions be challenged in open forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum rules
    6) Respect the staff (Zero Tolerance Rule**)
    Moderators have been entrusted to uphold the site rules, maintain the peace, and keep the forum organized along with other assigned duties. If a moderator corrects an action or act you have committed do not openly debate or call out that moderator on his/her actions. Send a PM to the moderator explaining the situation. If you have an issue with a moderator, PM me or another Admin and we will look into the situation. Moderators have earned their position and will be treated with respect. If you are in violation of this rule a ban can be or will be issued.
    End of discussion in open forum.

Now have you researched about VM phones and how they are tightly locked down, some even have data ports blocked from use.

Here is also a search of the forum for LG Rumor Touch.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    There is some useful info there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast