Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Crogon View Post
    either dig the SPC code out of the NV RAM, or get the IMEI with a decoder program thingy that will correctly decode it.

Once I get that far, THEN I can REALLY dive in and try to brick my phone using bitpim and etc.

Thanks so much for any and all help!

p.s. Someone really should fix it so we can search and tag things using 'LG'
    To use the forum search it will require more than two letters, usually 2-4 words will result in a better search.

Quote Originally Posted by Crogon View Post
    EDIT: I clicked the thanks buttons, apparently they don't like me. :P Could I get a thanks for making a valid suggestion?
    Thank you buttons are now fixed.

Apprentice

Whitey, I wasn't calling you out. I thought I had missed something, and was asking where I should go to read up on what you were talking about. If I missed something, chances are that others will miss it to, so providing a link back would be beneficial to the Forum. I apologize if I came off sounding like a jerk.

Now then, Yes I have searched extensively. Incidentally, that search link you provided me came back with zero results. Is there something you can see that I can't?

At any rate, that's why I pointed out in my initial code that I have figured out a way to keep my modem port open for a minute or two, at the most. I would think that that would be sufficiently long enough to retrieve the SPC code, and/or the IMEI code. That's the step I need help with. I understand that CDMA Workshop has been recommended for a handful of LG phones, however, my trial version expired already, and the cracked 2.7 doesn't seem to work on my computer, for whatever reason (I have separate posts on those issues).

If I get the IMEI code, I will need assistance with some sort of calculator / decrypter program to get the SPC code. I have read about them on this forum, but nobody has actually recommended one by name, certainly not for this phone.

SO.. once I have an alternate / valid method of retrieveing the SPC code I already know that I need to type in ##port# then enter the spc code. at that point I can unlock the modem port permanently, and as I said in my original port, SERIOUSLY start trying to brick my phone.

Thank you so much for your interest, and once again I apologize if I wasn't stating things as clearly as I thought I was. If you get the gist of what I'm saying, but I'm saying it wrong, perhaps you could help me out and re-state it? I'm sure I won't be getting any replies from anyone if I'm not even asking the question properly. Thanks for your patience with me!
    Last edited by Crogon; 09-08-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Have you tried this
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Just a suggestion, it gives you the info for getting the SPC.

Apprentice

Interestingly, that is the thread that brought to this forum in the first place.

I actually finally got LG Download to work for me.. not that I'm making any progress, here's the current situation:

Well, I got to step 4 using LG Download version 1.6. Not sure what the problem is now, but that definitely isn't working. When I click 'NV Edit Start' it immediately asks for the SPC Code. If I click Cancel, it takes me back to the main screen, and if I click Ok it attempts to enable DM Mode. DM Mode fails and it dumps me back to the main screen.

I posted a question on that thread, we'll see if that gets me anywhere. I'm watching like 6 threads now, this could get confusing soon!

Thanks for all your help Whitey, I seriously appreciate the suggestions.

Apprentice

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!! Starting a new thread for the complete solution. Feel free to close this one, or whatever.

Solved thread closed per OP request

New tutorial started

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12